Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)
Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 13:22 Quote
Nope won't work you need one that is specific to the big is.the shock mount screws to the end of the shaft.

Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 13:26 Quote
Ont26Rider wrote:
Nope won't work you need one that is specific to the big is.the shock mount screws to the end of the shaft.

Can someone find a photo of what the end of the Enduro specific shock looks like so I can get the right idea on what he needs? I know nothing about Specialized.

Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 13:33 Quote
dirtworks911 wrote:
Have a buddy who just purchased a 2015 Specialized Enduro Expert 650b Carbon. We are wondering if a standard 2015 Fox Float X 8.5" x 2.5" will work on it.

I know Specialize has their special U-shaped shock mount for this bike. Do regular shock eyelets work with it?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately it won't! You'd need to get one with the proprietary shock end. Would be nice if they gave us the industry standard though eh.... haha

Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 13:35 Quote
dirtworks911 wrote:
Ont26Rider wrote:

Can someone find a photo of what the end of the Enduro specific shock looks like so I can get the right idea on what he needs? I know nothing about Specialized.
Newest upgrade for the Enduro Taken me ages to get hold of one and can t wait to bolt this beauty onto the beast D
There ya go buddy. Hope it helps Smile

Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 13:39 Quote
gambler-fr-10 wrote:
dirtworks911 wrote:
Ont26Rider wrote:

Newest upgrade for the Enduro Taken me ages to get hold of one and can t wait to bolt this beauty onto the beast D
There ya go buddy. Hope it helps Smile

Sure does. Thanks!

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 11:39 Quote
dirtworks911 wrote:
Have a buddy who just purchased a 2015 Specialized Enduro Expert 650b Carbon. We are wondering if a standard 2015 Fox Float X 8.5" x 2.5" will work on it.

I know Specialize has their special U-shaped shock mount for this bike. Do regular shock eyelets work with it?

Thanks in advance.

Why are you replacing the stock Dbinline with a Fox float? That's a huge downgrade. Anyway you need a specialized compatible shock from Fox, Rockshox or Cane Creek as others have mentioned. If you had a Fox Float already on the bike I would say get a vorsprung corset air sleeve. But seeing as though the expert Enduro has a Dbinline I don't know why you would replace it.

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 11:43 Quote
Rdot84 wrote:
dirtworks911 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Why are you replacing the stock Dbinline with a Fox float? That's a huge downgrade. Anyway you need a specialized compatible shock from Fox, Rockshox or Cane Creek as others have mentioned. If you had a Fox Float already on the bike I would say get a vorsprung corset air sleeve. But seeing as though the expert Enduro has a Dbinline I don't know why you would replace it.

Get a cane creek double barrel with climb switch. That would be the next upgrade. Push us the best but pricey.

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 18:57 Quote
FLOAT X EVOL. I built one custom for my 2015 S-WORKS Enduro.

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 5:44 Quote
Hi all,

650B 2015 Enduro S-Works max fork travel?

I take it the same rules apply to Carbon as it does Aluminium, i.e. fork travel can be increased by 10% without ill affect?

I have 160mm Bos Devilles at the moment however I fancy a new set of forks for 2016, I’m thinking Lyrik 170mm, do any of you guys envisage any issues with this?

@viciouscycleworx - That is sick as fook!

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 6:19 Quote
If they haven't changed their policy, 170mm is still within the warranty limit. IMO however Enduro's don't have low BB and a higher axle-to-crown height would bring it up to an undesired level. (it's around 351mm stock) That's just me though.

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 6:22 Quote
Hey thanks! So regarding your fork swap idea, what is your motivation for wanting 10mm more on a 160mm bike?

jskiff wrote:
Hi all,

I take it the same rules apply to Carbon as it does Aluminium, i.e. fork travel can be increased by 10% without ill affect?

I have 160mm Bos Devilles at the moment however I fancy a new set of forks for 2016, I’m thinking Lyrik 170mm, do any of you guys envisage any issues with this?

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 6:31 Quote
toronte wrote:
If they haven't changed their policy, 170mm is still within the warranty limit. IMO however Enduro's don't have low BB and a higher axle-to-crown height would bring it up to an undesired level. (it's around 351mm stock) That's just me though.

+1 to that!
If you do change to 170mm fork you might want to use an offset bushing on the the rear shock in order to compensate the BB height.

I use an offset bushing on mine (without changing the fork) just in order to slacken the head angle and lower the BB.
I'm very satisfied with it.

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 6:41 Quote
viciouscycleworx wrote:
Hey thanks! So regarding your fork swap idea, what is your motivation for wanting 10mm more on a 160mm bike?

jskiff wrote:
Hi all,

Nothing tremendously exciting, probably the most compelling being that there's a good deal on a brand new 170mm RCT3 Dual. The same frame or at least very similar frame runs up to 180mm on the Evo, plus the rear travel on my bike is 165mm so it never really felt like that great a leap.

However I'm not technically gifted enough to know if it will ruin the ride, so if you are going to tell me it will then I would be interested to know :-)

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 6:46 Quote
gapos999 wrote:
toronte wrote:

+1 to that!
If you do change to 170mm fork you might want to use an offset bushing on the the rear shock in order to compensate the BB height.

I use an offset bushing on mine (without changing the fork) just in order to slacken the head angle and lower the BB.
I'm very satisfied with it.

with the increased fork length would this not result in slackening the head angle too much and potentially putting additional stress on the frame?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013870
Mobile Version of Website