Swansea news

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Swansea news
O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 21:21 Quote
Back in the valley and getting after it. Up track is packing in nice.

Road work looks good except the hip jump got dug up... wtf? No reason to put a bucket into that spot....

34 degrees in the plot at 630. It was a sweat fest.

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 9:54 Quote
the one on the 1st corner? yes I noticed that, its been kinda-sorta re-built. I guess they decided the ditch alongside the road was more important than that 1 jump. Overall the road work was sorely needed, loosing 1 jump isn't the end of the world in the big scheme of things IMHO...

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 10:16 Quote
Another jump bites the dust, the story of Swansea over the last ten years.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2014 at 7:53 Quote
jamesp wrote:
the one on the 1st corner? yes I noticed that, its been kinda-sorta re-built. I guess they decided the ditch alongside the road was more important than that 1 jump. Overall the road work was sorely needed, loosing 1 jump isn't the end of the world in the big scheme of things IMHO...
Yes the roadwork was needed and im sure much appreciated by the shuttle whores and parasailers but it's disapointing to lose a feature that has been used for many years.

I'd like to know if there was any discussion on this or did it just happen.... the last time the road was repaired it was not touched.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2014 at 8:00 Quote
austentanney wrote:
Another jump bites the dust, the story of Swansea over the last ten years.

Other than the widow maker road gap there has been no other jumps removed unless they were on private property or rotten.

Have you contacted the cvcs with your concerns like I suggested?

Posted: Jul 4, 2014 at 8:13 Quote
any reason that jump can't be rebuilt? Someone has made a start already.

The CVCS did contribute some $$ so presumably the biking community was supportive of the work. Seems next time they also need to get permission & blessings from dman & austentanney???

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2014 at 20:44 Quote
jamesp wrote:
any reason that jump can't be rebuilt? Someone has made a start already.

The CVCS did contribute some $$ so presumably the biking community was supportive of the work. Seems next time they also need to get permission & blessings from dman & austentanney???

Being supportive is not saying ok tear out a jump. Sure maybe it can be rebuilt, but thats time that could be spent on something else.

You are right I should have been asked. I've put in 10years of time on the mountain keeping it open, maintaining the trails, organizing trail days, getting the trails authorized, getting money for new trails......

What have you done for the local trails.......

Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 11:30 Quote
^^ listen to this man, he knows whats up Salute

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 8:33 Quote
One feature for the decent road repairs is worth it. The mountain looks great might even get an 89 Honda up there now

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 21:44 Quote
I am going to be spending next week in the valley and I'm looking for some good XC AM riding. I know about the Johnson and Kloosifer and plan on pedalling up Swansea, but what other recommendations are out there? Is it worth driving to Nipika for a day?

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 6:14 Quote
juniper(between invermere and radium) is really good and there is riding in Fairmont too.

Lots of off the map trails, just need to find them.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 11:37 Quote
d-man wrote:
juniper(between invermere and radium) is really good and there is riding in Fairmont too.

Lots of off the map trails, just need to find them.

Where in Fairmont? I grew up in the Valley...is there a source where a guy can find the off the map trails?

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 16:41 Quote
Fairmont resort allows biking on their "hiking" trails. Be sensible about where & when you ride fast. Aim for Owl loop, Montezuma's revenge, Pop Bottle ridge, then follow your nose...

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 7:23 Quote
got a lap in last night with my kid. booty call, dirty monkey, hula girl to gravy train.

trails were in great shape

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012129
Mobile Version of Website