Swansea news

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Swansea news
Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 15:11 Quote
Parabellum wrote:
bighouse wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
[Quote]No worries the road been getting f*cked by you and your fellow Albertans for the last two weekends!!! I hear its much nicer at Moose …. maybe you guys should stay there!

Hey douchebag - FYI lots of us stayed home for the last two weeks trying to respect the wishes of the CVCS and show some restraint, and in return for that courtesy we get to listen to crap like this. Most of the locals out there I've met seem like really great people, but small-minded, territorial twits like you make my blood boil. Maybe next time we're out at Swansea (after it's READY) we'll stop by your front lawn on the way back for some extra roost.

Oh so now all the "good minded mtn bikers" from Alberta are offended!!!

Nice to hear you've shown some restraint!

Unfortunately you probably did not get to tell every single Albertans that they should maybe wait to hear when the trails/road are ready! Or instead of driving up to find out you gotta turn around because you're smashing the road maybe push or pedal your bike up!

You'd probably feel the same way if your local trails got f*cked every year by a bunch of impatient,disrespectful 'tards!

My local trails get just as wet and rutted as yours do, and I'm sure that anyone, anywhere, has the same problem. Yeah - I get it - everywhere you go there will be a small group of people who ride or shuttle when the ground is soft and do damage. What pisses me off is the implication that everyone running a red license plate is one of the "impatient,disrespectful 'tards". Because BC has a monopoly on responsible trail use, right? News flash: I've been all over your province and people are the same everywhere. They will ride when they want to ride. Not saying it's right or respectful, but it's something you should consider before trotting out the tired old "stoopid Albertans wreckin' mah home" argument.[/Quote]

Someone needs to go on a ride to blow off some steam!

Why you feel like chiming in on the comment I was making when you say that you're not that type of person is beyond me…

But you think it's ok to go ahead and insult me. Looks to me that you are the douche bag,small minded twit.

I would feel heated like you if I was a mtn biker stuck in Alberta…

My work is done here! I hope your bike squeaks all summer.

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 15:57 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
d-man wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
Im pretty sure he was just being sarcastic and making the refferance that just because a small group does somthing wrong doesnt mean the rest deserve the negetive comments. The comment you and your fellow albertans implies that all albertans are impatient ass hats that are rishing out to ruin your guys hill. Did anyone mention to these guys that they should stop doing what their doing or just proceed to complain on the internet? If thats the case your just ad to blame as the guys running the road at this time of year. SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT KNOW BETTER. Can we calm our horomones now?

Like i said before when there are 2 trucks shuttling and they are from alberta it easy to identify them as such.

There has been posts on different forums stating the trails and road are not ready, the bike shops have been getting phone calls all day everyday from people asking about conditions. So yes locals have been communicating. There are signs posted stating if you are leaving ruts don't ride.

Again nobody said all Albertans are bad, that was assumed. Seems like it is the same problems as said all over our fine province.... kinda makes you wonder who the problem people are. Locals all over bc.....Maybe its the same 2 trucks from Alberta???

Apparently the feeling is to poke at the locals for voicing their concern. Well done, we will be rolling out the red carpet for ya.

See the level of understanding of mountain bikers we deal with over here d-man......you can't expect they'd even come close to getting it.......they're townies with townie mindsets (but they act more like carnies)........maybe one day they will understand......oh no......wait trails build and repair themselves in Alberta, especially around Calgary...... with millions of dollars of grant money so no they may never have no clue........treat them like short bus riders and spell it out slowly for them so that they can understand......give them a checklist that links to the apps on their iphones......maybe then.........i'd vote spike belt hidden around the 4th corner would solve some of the problems of the red plates feeling like they can just give it a recon mission rather than using common sense and asking around (maybe 1 of the three bikeshops in town?)........I'd love to see them on bighouses lawn, i'd pay money for that event!

CM!

Just want to clarify when I did my "recon" mission I was making sure that I wasn't tearing up the road and I stopped where the other BC cars/trucks were (taking photos and hikes). I don't want to be bucketed under this sterotype haha. And I was driving right past there so decided to check it out, which is why I didn't check in with a bike shop. Not sure you were referring to me specifically, but I figured I was giving the courtesy of asking this forum what their thoughts were on the roads or if I should pedal, so I think my common sense was pretty fair. Ill check with columbia cycle before I go out next time.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 20:40 Quote
Just want to clarify when I did my "recon" mission I was making sure that I wasn't tearing up the road and I stopped where the other BC cars/trucks were (taking photos and hikes). I don't want to be bucketed under this sterotype haha. And I was driving right past there so decided to check it out, which is why I didn't check in with a bike shop. Not sure you were referring to me specifically, but I figured I was giving the courtesy of asking this forum what their thoughts were on the roads or if I should pedal, so I think my common sense was pretty fair. Ill check with columbia cycle before I go out next time.[/Quote]

No worries dude, I agree you were asking for advise. Cvcs has facebook updates also.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 0:17 Quote
bighouse wrote:
My work is done here! I hope your bike squeaks all summer.

That's actually pretty good. I'll remember that comment every time it happens.

Look, I know I kind of teed off here and could have showed a lot more diplomacy but it gets REALLY old hearing how Albertans are the root of all evil all the time and your post just put me over the edge. As much as I love BC (and spend a LOT of time there) I do find that there is a real holier-than-thou attitude creeping into certain factions in the BC riding community over the past few years and it gets a little hard to stomach.

My point is that you have groups of people everywhere who do their best to be responsible trail stewards, and you have people everywhere who don't give a damn. After trying to be a responsible and contributing member of my own community and doing my best to respect and support the "away from home" areas where I ride as well, it feels like a slap in the face to come on here and read about how everyone (and yeah, that's how it came across) from Alberta is a mindless, trail destroying asshat when most of us do everything we can to not be part of the problem. I hate to say it but this sentiment seems to be especially strong in the Invermere area and has been growing for a few years now.

I apologize for getting personal. That was out of line and I could have handled it a lot better - or just ignored it - but the argument felt pretty personal. We have put in our time on trail days when possible, fixed jumps, cleared obstacles, and generally tried to be good guests when riding in other areas, and to come on here and feel like you're getting attacked anyway makes you wonder what the point was.

Anyway....I guess it is what it is and we're not going to solve the world's problems on an internet forum. Just know that some of us do appreciate the work that goes into the trails and a red license plate isn't necessarily the sign of the devil. Hell, maybe we can even spin a lap or share a beverage if we happen to cross paths sometime - I'll be the guy with the squeaky bike.

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 8:09 Quote
All I think needs to be said at this point is: I LIKE BIKES!

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 8:18 Quote
And I thought it was bad last year on the moose page when everyone was bitching about fat bikes carving up the road and average weight bikes carving up the trails in the pre-season..

As a humble albertian I promise not to bring my truck and bike any where close to Radium, let alone Swansea till there is written permission from all of the local guard, the trail patrol and the full face vigilantes. Moose sounds more peaceful this pre-season.

For the guys who provide the trail reports and conditions, thank you! It's appreciated to know what is going on the mountain, and what really is happening on the mountain! Stay classy Swansea!

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 21:32 Quote
What he said ^^^^

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 6:45 Quote
photo
This is at the steeps trailhead.
Same amount of snow on the trail until you get to the 3rd berm.

The uptrack is dry to 2km

Gravy train is prime.

Hula girl is wet or frozen depending on time of day.

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 14:39 Quote
5 Trucks Shuttling Today......... All BC Plates hahahaha!!!!! Irony at its BEST!
On other news Spirit trail is bone dry if you like pedaling away from the Cray Crays!

Posted: Mar 28, 2016 at 17:23 Quote
austentanney wrote:
5 Trucks Shuttling Today......... All BC Plates hahahaha!!!!! Irony at its BEST!
On other news Spirit trail is bone dry if you like pedaling away from the Cray Crays!

Awesome.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 9:23 Quote
Keep pouring gas on the fire and you wonder why tourists are so popular....

I hope all the roads get trashed to the point nobody can drive them since i dont shuttle anyway. Will get rid of 99% of the users.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 9:25 Quote
d-man wrote:
Keep pouring gas on the fire and you wonder why tourists are so popular....

I hope all the roads get trashed to the point nobody can drive them since i dont shuttle anyway. Will get rid of 99% of the users.

HATERS GUNNA HATE AND POTATOES GUNNA POTATE

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 15:27 Quote
How's the road looking this week? Thinking about a Saturday venture perhaps, but I'm a lazyass and don't wanna pedal up, hence asking bout the road.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 16:26 Quote
austentanney wrote:

All bc plates? Weren't you riding too Austin? Alberta plates on ur rig? Hahaha. All kidding aside who gives a shits. Ride bikes! Damn Albertans!!

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 17:17 Quote
ianrm7 wrote:
austentanney wrote:

All bc plates? Weren't you riding too Austin? Alberta plates on ur rig? Hahaha. All kidding aside who gives a shits. Ride bikes! Damn Albertans!!

Hell yeah brother! Only got the endure rig so getting my fitness in on the climb most days but definitely grabbed a few laps with the boys! Whats looking good south of canal flats at the moment ianrm7?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010337
Mobile Version of Website