Massachusetts freeride? where?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Massachusetts freeride? where?
O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2016 at 8:02 Quote
I'm new to the Cambridge/Somerville area and I'm also looking for good freeride-ish trails.

So far I've been to Middlesex Fells (no built-up freeride trails there) but I've also been to Beaver Brook Reservation near Waltham/Belmont. Beaver Brook has some hits on a few trails and a small pumptrack that's fun. I've heard good things about Blue Hills though haven't gone yet.

What else is close to Boston that's good?

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2016 at 20:48 Quote
If you're looking for local trails, Vietnam and Lynn woods probably have the best freeride stuff.

As for bike parks, Highland and Thunder mountain are both fantastic. If you're looking for more downhill oriented trails, Plattekill in new york is a great choice.

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 at 10:57 Quote
Anyone want to build in the Haverhill area

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 12:11 Quote
Haverhill needs some good DH. I was out scoping the hill on the backside of Lake Kenoza last week. I'm down to build!

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 12:58 Quote
Agreed!! Kenoza is tricky to build there now, there NEMBA managed now, plus super busy, you cut a line over there and...whatch out. I got a talking to for a jib on the side of a trail a year ago. But ive been scoping the millville pond area, some potential there! A pedal away from kenoza...plus, some other areas I have in my mind, I just haven't done the surveying yet.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 13:41 Quote
Oh no kidding? Wow I had no idea they were strict about that. Kenoza is on my way home from work so I tend to ride weekday evenings in the summer. I guess my plan to slowly make some improvements is a bust. Thats a bummer. I found "Millvale Reservoir" on the map. Is that where you were thinking?

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 13:46 Quote
Yes I live 10 minutes from there and it's typically my after work ride also. But that is exactly what I was doing there slowly but surely I bought out a couple tools and started picking away a couple of my favorite tracks next thing you know I had paparazzi and people going to the local bike shop asking my name was not a pleasant experience! So at that point I talked to nemba and they literally pointed me over to millvilleway. What you found on the map is what I'm talking about the reservoir you can pedal front from the back side of the college.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 8:53 Quote
Alf-NH wrote:
Oh no kidding? Wow I had no idea they were strict about that. Kenoza is on my way home from work so I tend to ride weekday evenings in the summer. I guess my plan to slowly make some improvements is a bust. Thats a bummer. I found "Millvale Reservoir" on the map. Is that where you were thinking?

Hey not sure if you're around or have any time these upcoming weeks.? But it is supposed to start getting warm and I think I'm going to start surveying / building very soon if you're down let me know.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 20:50 Quote
Hey looking to see if there are any new builds/trails. Getting bored of the same few places during the quarantine.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009972
Mobile Version of Website