Looking to get into trials, need general info

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Looking to get into trials, need general info
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
Hi all, im looking to get into the sport and would like to know some somw general information. Such as, what are good brands to buy, parts, how expensive it will be to start etc. all help is appreciated. thanks. Brian

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
http://trials-online.com/
http://biketrials.com/

those are both pretty good sites. i guess you need to decide whether you want to ride stock (26" wheels) or mod (20" wheels)

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
I think im gonna go with stock but thanks for the sites

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 12:46 Quote
Norco what? i know norco is a good brand. but others...

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
Confused well the norco evolve is a deece starter bike, except the brakes really really suck and it's heavy as hell... but for 900$, it's hard to find a new bike that's that much. the other option is to check out wwww.biketrials.ca or www.observedtrials.net for people selling used bikes or frames with certain parts included.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
And another question. WHy do all the riders in videos tires look very low with air?

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
tire pressure is more or less prefrance.

=

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
it helps with balance a bit... better grip on certain obstacles (usually lower for natural stuff). i run about 20-22 in the rear and 22 in the front i think.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
Check out hbtrials.com it's the best place ever.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 22:06 Quote
yea hugo is the shit!

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 7:53 Quote
ok guys thanks alot.!!Big Grin

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
bigquotesnorco
Norco's trials bikes are f*cking gay.

For $900 you can get a sick used (or even new!) bike. Example.

How tall are you? Geometry will be something that is grossly based on your dimensions, and personal preferences. I'm 5'8, and I like something with a +40 ish bb height, 1080 wheelbase, 385 stays, and 71.5-72 degree head angle. There are a lot of variables that will make the perfect bike for you.

www.hbtrials.com is a great website. Hugo has been extremely helpful for me...excellent service. If you want to learn a lot about parts, frequent www.trials-forum.co.uk and www.tartybikes.co.uk . Lots of info there for sure!

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
wow ppl listed 1 company, here are a billion companies to look into...
echo, gu, czar, adamnt, toxsin, heatsink, zhi/bionic, neon, dob, onza, monty, tryall/koxx, meta, zoo, v!z these are a couple that come off my mind.

out of all these companies the ones I would say u get the best cost/quality ratio would be v!z, echo, and dob. But you will have to piece things together cause none of them sell complete bikes but some shops build them for you. Keep in mind this is strictly my opinion half of those companies I have never even had experience with.

if u want a good complete trials bike for 500ish bucks u can get the yaabaa 449. They look sweet and actually have decent componentry. Their half the cost of a norco and double the quality. If you want a good stock bike look into onza. They make some nice cheap completes.

If you want a good shop to buy from in canada hbtrials is the best, the cheapest bike parts in the world are from biketrialstation.com you can get everything 25% cost but shipping costs over 100$ so buy a lot. gl hf

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 16:36 Quote
bigquotesif u want a good complete trials bike for 500ish bucks u can get the yaabaa 449. They look sweet and actually have decent componentry. Their half the cost of a norco and double the quality.

Um...few things wrong with that. The yaabaa 449 is a kids mod bike, probably from the ages of 8-11? Look how small everything is...it also uses a bmx length fork. Likewise, you'd have a very hard time finding one in north america, and price would probably be a lot more than half of what a norco would be...

On another note, META make great complete bikes.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011718
Mobile Version of Website