Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 12:36 Quote
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I know some people here are good with solidworks...so what would cause my part to disappear from view? I was "writing" my CAD exam, which consisted of 2 parts, an assembly, and a drawing. I made a small change to a drawing (dimension was wrong), and saved it. Of course that affected the assembly and drawing. When I clicked rebuild, the part disappeared from view, but the work was still all there and if I highlighted a sketch or whatnot in the tree, it became highlighted on the screen, simply a floating ring of orange or whatever. Hid it and made it "visible" again. Nothing. Any ideas?

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 12:56 Quote
I find sometimes the drawing views will disappear after a change. I think it is a glitch.

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 13:08 Quote
Spou-Unit wrote:
I find sometimes the drawing views will disappear after a change. I think it is a glitch.
Ya, and solidworks was telling me that it was still visible. I'd go try and fix it but obviously, I don't have the file and can't get access to it so ya. Such is life I guess.

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 13:17 Quote
I know when you edit your sheet format the drawing disappears from the sheet, maybe its in sheet edit mode? right clicking and selecting edit drawing would bring it back up.

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 13:21 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:
I know when you edit your sheet format the drawing disappears from the sheet, maybe its in sheet edit mode? right clicking and selecting edit drawing would bring it back up.
I don't think I edited the sheet... Confused

That's not really a huge problem when it comes to exam, is it? I mean, all the work is there, in my mind its equivalent to missing a chamfer or something.

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 17:18 Quote
finished up my proto flush cap and a custom 27.2 seatpost wedge today. pics soon

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 19:19 Quote
here you go.

top cap
proto flush topcap i lathed up today. made specifically to fit the velour. if you want one let me know
proto flush topcap i lathed up today. made specifically to fit the velour. if you want one let me know

seatpost wedge
custom 27.2mm seatpost shim angle will be cut to match the seatpost perfectly. a full inch of threads. if you want one done let me know. can do for fairly cheap
custom 27.2mm seatpost shim angle will be cut to match the seatpost perfectly. a full inch of threads. if you want one done let me know. can do for fairly cheap

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 19:22 Quote
willy94 wrote:
here you go.

seatpost wedge

whats the wedge for? cool looking topcap by the way

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 19:24 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:
its for a 27.2 seatpost. so far their only made for bmx seatposts

and thanks, its something i have been designing for a while, its the part that hidden what makes it cool

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 19:41 Quote
willy94 wrote:
downhiller900sl wrote:

and thanks, its something i have been designing for a while, its the part that hidden what makes it cool

you got me wrong, i mean, what it is for? what the purpose of having that wedge

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 19:43 Quote
eliminates the need for a seat post clamp

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://sgbmx.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/shadow-pivotal-wedge-post.jpg?w=384

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 19:44 Quote
NWray wrote:
eliminates the need for a seat post clamp

ohh cool, thanks

I assume its like quill stems on shitty/old bikes?

downhiller900sl wrote:
willy94 wrote:
downhiller900sl wrote:

you got me wrong, i mean, what it is for? what the purpose of having that wedge
ah, so you can run your bike with no seatclamp. cleaner looks and in this case lighter (i belive) think of it like a quill stem. just do up the bolt and it tightens down.

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 20:32 Quote
eastcouleeski wrote:
I assume its like quill stems on shitty/old bikes?

No because quill had two points of contact, this style looks like it has four, much better. They should do this to quill stems they still sell now, like on walmart bikes. Wait nevermind, they should just got threadless. Rolleyes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018356
Mobile Version of Website