Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 5:08 Quote
Yes,
a filament called "SemiFlex".

Avner.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 5:45 Quote
range extender bodge for 104 chainrings now 3mm for aluminium freehub friendlines

3mm 6068 T6 48g

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 7:04 Quote
Spent over an hour butchering an old grip to act as a grip for my rear shifter. Definitely worth superglueing my fingernails together.

Was raining today so I spent well over an hour in the shed butchering an old grip to act as a shifter grip. An answer to a problem no one ever had but it feels comfy changing gears now Big Grin

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 7:30 Quote
Might give that a shot, could help shifting with numb fingers. A couple of years ago I had a bit of sandpaper over the downshift lever for grip. Worked great with gloves but I removed it after wearing through some skin.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 7:30 Quote
Most people just use skateboard grip tape...

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 7:33 Quote
I have plenty of inner tube, might try some of that

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 7:48 Quote
EWS bike checks

Joe Barnes uses a bit of grip tape on his Reverb lever

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 7:59 Quote
has he got an extra thumb to shift and drop at the same time?

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 7:59 Quote
Im tempted to use a lizard skin carbon leather frame patch thing, ive got 2 left which should do shifter, reverb and brake levers. Also help with cold finger tips over winter.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 11:28 Quote
Homemade electronic rear derailleur,
based on a sram x7 derailleur with a few 3D printed parts and a servo motor.
On the bike testing begins this week!

photo
photo

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 11:39 Quote
Unless it changed up/down automatically when needed somehow I can't really see much benefit ? (Am I missing something?)

10/10 for doing something different though !

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 11:41 Quote
Less effort, no changing cable housings, can be programmed to multishift with the right know how.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 11:44 Quote
R-trailking-S wrote:
Less effort, no changing cable housings, can be programmed to multishift with the right know how.

Would be ideal if it could somehow if it could be set to change up / down at set wheel speeds (only when pedalling though)

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 12:01 Quote
liamarcher wrote:
Would be ideal if it could somehow if it could be set to change up / down at set wheel speeds (only when pedalling though)

Would be a lot harder to set up, because you'd need more sensors, and most likely a torque sensor on the cranks (you wouldn't want it to change automatically if you're hammering down the pedals Wink )

If it works, it's pretty cool !

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 12:07 Quote
having ridden DI2 road bikes compared to their mechanical counter parts(6800 DI2 vs mechanical ) the difference is amazing. can shift at full power predictably, no adjusting stuff EVER. no cables to get contaminated, more durrable (if they get hit they go into limp mode and just do what ever to move around what hit it) as soon as shimano makes XT DI2 id be all over it. just cant afford XTR Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016046
Mobile Version of Website