Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 13:31 Quote
liamarcher wrote:
Unless it changed up/down automatically when needed somehow I can't really see much benefit ? (Am I missing something?)

10/10 for doing something different though !

This is actually a part of my school project- an automatic shifting system, but for now i am just trying it manualy on my bike.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 14:16 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
having ridden DI2 road bikes compared to their mechanical counter parts(6800 DI2 vs mechanical ) the difference is amazing. can shift at full power predictably, no adjusting stuff EVER. no cables to get contaminated, more durrable (if they get hit they go into limp mode and just do what ever to move around what hit it) as soon as shimano makes XT DI2 id be all over it. just cant afford XTR Frown

A Sram rep came into the shop the other day with a Sram Red wireless group set up on a little rig, that thing was impressive, and with a small enough cassette (or a modded cage) you can make it work on a MTB, as there are flat bar shifters for them.

Imagine never having to f*ck around with cables ever again...

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 16:05 Quote
clutch der option?

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 16:09 Quote
What do you guys think about a replaceable polycarbonate plate as a bumper for a chain catcher?

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 16:50 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
clutch der option?

nope, but after I dropped the hint that it could work on a mtb because of the secondary shifters, he seemed to indicate the wireless technology could make its way over to MTB, its just a matter of time.

I would love a wireless groupset, apparently the worlds best hackers tried to crack into it from a car driving behind the rider and couldn't get in so i am confident in the technology.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 18:09 Quote
Lol. Worlds best hackers tried to hack it from a car. Lol what a sales pitch that is

Of course it's coming to mtb. Gotta compete with Shimano.

Still laughing at worlds best hackers

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 18:47 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
clutch der option?

nope, but after I dropped the hint that it could work on a mtb because of the secondary shifters, he seemed to indicate the wireless technology could make its way over to MTB, its just a matter of time.

I would love a wireless groupset, apparently the worlds best hackers tried to crack into it from a car driving behind the rider and couldn't get in so i am confident in the technology.

If they tried to crack it from outside the confines of a dark and Doritos-scented basement, they are probably not the world's best hackers.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 19:29 Quote
Srams words, not mine haha (literally what they said). they were trying to simulate someone riding along and randomly some dude on the sidelines messing with his gears. Apparently this is very difficult to do, but as with any computer system give them 6 months tops and someone will be able to hack it.

granted I have a flu atm so right now I believe anything.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 23:55 Quote
excellent work on the 3d printed electronic shifting!

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 1:18 Quote
Just the tale of testing it on the road. Why not just do it in the office/lab.

Did they just post a note on Monster Jobs "Worlds best hacker wanted".

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 1:30 Quote
heat sink adapter for helmet, going to attach with gopro clip, or for lower profile, 3M Dual Lock.
photo

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 9:01 Quote
The electronic mech is awesome, not something I can say I've seen anyone else try.

51g Steel bolt and nut HDPE upper guide 4mm T6068 T6 backplate. No taco bash or other hardware.
Got a weight on the guide I posted a few pages back.
51g with a steel nut and bolt, HDPE upper guide and 4mm T6068 T6 backplate. Not including mounting hardware or taco bash. Target weight for the complete thing is 110-120g.

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 9:07 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
51g with a steel nut and bolt, HDPE upper guide and 4mm T6068 T6 backplate. Not including mounting hardware or taco bash. Target weight for the complete thing is 110-120g.
¨
Have you tried mounting it yet? Does the backplate flex when you push on it?

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 9:21 Quote
Yeah I've mounted one to my 4X. I can move the very top of the backplate a millimetre or so either way if I push hard on it, it's plenty stiff enough. Not had a chance to ride it yet though.

It's double the thickness of my last version, I could flex that one quite a bit. Never had a problem with the flex when riding that one though.

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 18:40 Quote
dhman13 wrote:
Hand made brake adapter for Avid Code on my kid Santacruz S8.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/dhman/Hugo/IMG_8615.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/dhman/Hugo/IMG_8619.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021232
Mobile Version of Website