The Ultimate How To Build Dirt Jumps

PB Forum :: Trail Building
The Ultimate How To Build Dirt Jumps
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
sendit4 wrote:
This is already posted in the tutorials section

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 12:45 Quote
Just one question.

How on earth do you work out where to put the down ramp on a double? You cant just boost off the up ramp and see where you land Razz

Can any expierianced trail builder help me with this, because i'm developing my local over the winter and could do with some advice.

cheers.

FL
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 12:51 Quote
c2crider wrote:
Just one question.

How on earth do you work out where to put the down ramp on a double? You cant just boost off the up ramp and see where you land Razz

Can any expierianced trail builder help me with this, because i'm developing my local over the winter and could do with some advice.

cheers.

well i just pile mud up to around the height of where the landing is going to be, don't compact it or shape it really, maybe a bit of shaping to get a rough triangular shape, then just hit it and land in it, you get an imprint of where you land and go from there.

I sometimes get someone to video me doing it from the side so I know exactly whats going on.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
c2crider wrote:
Just one question.

cheers.

well i just pile mud up to around the height of where the landing is going to be, don't compact it or shape it really, maybe a bit of shaping to get a rough triangular shape, then just hit it and land in it, you get an imprint of where you land and go from there.

I sometimes get someone to video me doing it from the side so I know exactly whats going on.

Hope that helps.

It does cheers. beats the guess solution we were using before Razz

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
p2riderpei wrote:
very very good tips, just one thing, 11. dig over winter when you cant ride, ground is frozen! at least here in canada

haha SoCal is great!!!

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
Go over the post and fix errors, bold the section so we know when you are switching from one subject to another. That would make this thread worthwhile.

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 16:30 Quote
Awsome tips dude just one thing i live in germany its winter i was stoked on building but its minus10 outside and the grounds frozen solidFrown also i know a guy mentioned it is there any other ways to gauge where a landing ramp needs to be on a set of doubles thanks in advance

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 at 8:19 Quote
me and my mates are trying to build up some dirt jumps in a little area of wood near where we live but the dirt there feels a bit to moist and spongy and when we try to compact it it still feels a bit springy. Anyone know how we can make the ground nice and hard or know where we can buy the right sort of dirt for building?

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 at 10:30 Quote
you have to remove the top layer of soil to get to the mineral soil, use the topsoil as fill and the mineral soil on top.

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 at 11:29 Quote
even if we dig down dirts still all springy and when it rains it just turns into sludge. how deep u dig for mineral soil?

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 at 11:58 Quote
i dig only half a foot to get to clay, how deep have you dug

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
only a few inches, ill try that next time im down there cheers

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 22:03 Quote
hey i am looking into building a jump course on my property. I am looking at building a 35ft jump and then maybe aa 25ft one after that and then a few more. I went to AT's showdown and i really liked there setup hey had i would be in to building something along that line but i need help figuring out the radius on the wooden launch ramps there if anyone could give me some more info or if you have any tips or anything that would be much helpful. thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.047172
Mobile Version of Website