The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
Its that time of year again everyone, whistler's opening day is closing in fast. I dont know if its just me but im pumped for this year. Post whatever you want as long as its about Whistler...

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
I cant wait til whistler i wonder what the bone yard will be like this year

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 17:54 Quote
i heard they fired the guy who made it last year and rehired some other guy...anyone know what happened there?

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
Got a room booked from July 19-23! So stoked.

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
xtremerider33 wrote:
i heard they fired the guy who made it last year and rehired some other guy...anyone know what happened there?

From what I'm told Cowan designs the course. I have heard of no firings.

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
chomers wrote:

then you miss crankworx right? isnt slopestyle crankworx the 17th?

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
xtremerider33 wrote:
chomers wrote:

then you miss crankworx right? isnt slopestyle crankworx the 17th?

Yup. I don't find Crankworx that special, if I actully want to ride I dont want to go when you have to wait 45 minutes in lines, and it's so crowded you can barly get around. I might still get up there for it, but right now those are my only Whistler plans...

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
yeah but its really fun being there when there is a lot of people there, you get so pumped watching all the pros push there limits right in front of you lol

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
Ya, I've been before. Sure it's sweet, but I still like it when it's not as busy.

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
Going May long weekend, which is opening weekend!!!! Cant wait, just under three weeks Pimp

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
If any one is interested, they should read this....

This was posted from whistlerbikepark.com

April 25, 2008
Hey dirt lovers, Brian Finestone here with my first Bike Park report as the rookie Bike Park Manager. It is hard to report on a Park that is still covered in a few feet of snow but here goes…

I did a random sample of the snow depth earlier this week and found an average of 90cm of snow on the trails at the Olympic Station elevation. Looking at the stubborn snow and the 20 odd days before we plan to throw open the doors only one thought came to mind. “The show must go on!” Since that moment I have been meeting with the various brains behind the Whistler Mountain Bike Park and we have come up with a plan.

Snow cats are pushing tired old snow off the Boneyard in anticipation of the return of John Cowan with his trusty D6 Bulldozer. Cowan will be moving dirt next week and sculpting this year's Slopestyle from the frozen tundra. Jay Robinson, Ken Marlor and Marty Gautry will firing up the mini excavators to start peeling back the neve from A-Line and Crank it Up with the intent of having those two trails clear by opening day.

The missing link in the plan is what to do with all of the kilometers of single track that the machinery can't access? The solution… “Shovels” lots and lots of shovels, which is where you park addicts come in. We realized that the trail crew can't possibly tackle the task of clearing the trails alone, so we are inviting you, the riders to pitch in. We are going to host the first ever Whistler Mountain Bike Park “Bring Your Own Shovel” Work Party on Saturday May 10th.

The first 100 riders interested in helping out with the task of clearing single track trails, can sign up to come and pitch in to get the season rolling. We are asking for hard working diggers to bring sturdy shovels and a solid work ethic for a day of voluntourism in the Park. In exchange for your sore back, wet feet and blistered hands we will provide a day ticket for the Bike Park. We will also host an after party at the GLC to kick off the season. Riders interested in digging in can sign up at workparty@intrawest.com

Sign up early because this event is sure to be popular! See you out there. – Brian

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
i mgiht be goign to the airdome on friday

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
this video isn't that good but gets me pumped about whistler

Views: 14,148    Faves: 142    Comments: 37

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
I'm going may long weekend also, I think.

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
where is that teail and 109?? and around that section

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.137353
Mobile Version of Website