The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 12:02 Quote
From bayshore to the trails it is exactly 35min. And that's never going under 110kmh.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 12:11 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
From bayshore to the trails it is exactly 35min. And that's never going under 110kmh.
Hmm...I did Canadian Tire in Squamish to the front desk of Club Intrawest in 22 minutes. Not once did I touch any sort of excessive speed.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 12:17 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:
Hmm...I did Canadian Tire in Squamish to the front desk of Club Intrawest in 22 minutes. Not once did I touch any sort of excessive speed.

Google maps says 1h1m. I know you locals drive like maniacs haha but 22m? Anyways we are getting off topic here, aren't we recommending riding spots?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 13:09 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:

Canada is full of weird shit. Tax not included in the displayed price. Speed measured in Kmh.

Gonna take some getting used to.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 13:12 Quote
Its like 60kms, to get there in 20 minutes you'd have to be going about 165.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 13:20 Quote
Anyone going up there the night before opening day?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 14:33 Quote
tom666 wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:

Canada is full of weird shit. Tax not included in the displayed price. Speed measured in Kmh.

UK IS FULL OF WEIRD SHIT . Drive on the wrong side,speed measured in mph, could not understand a word when they talk, have a king and a queen blabla. IAM JUST JOKING MATE.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 14:35 Quote
kevman866 wrote:
Its like 60kms, to get there in 20 minutes you'd have to be going about 165.

knightrider wins Strava

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 14:37 Quote
tom666 wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:

We should talk in Furlongs, chains, stones, worship the queen, think Lady Di is alive, riot on Football Fridays and dress like chavs.

But you lot gave us Top Gear so all is forgiven

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 16:05 Quote
myanh wrote:
tom666 wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:

UK IS FULL OF WEIRD SHIT . Drive on the wrong side,speed measured in mph, could not understand a word when they talk, have a king and a queen blabla. IAM JUST JOKING MATE.
uk is full of f*cking weirdos that is for sure,but the Can' tax thing is weird,why not just include it in the price? Bugging,but not as bugging as uk football and football fans.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 16:13 Quote
myanh wrote:
tom666 wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:

yeah lol the king is doing well mate lol

leelau wrote:
tom666 wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:

We should talk in Furlongs, chains, stones, worship the queen, think Lady Di is alive, riot on Football Fridays and dress like chavs.

But you lot gave us Top Gear so all is forgiven

Our greatest export lol

Only reason we still have a queen is because people from abroad take interest pay to come see her shit lol

She has no power and no actual following

Not including tax in prices is the #1 dumbest thing in the world, btw

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 18:23 Quote
If you think that's the dumbest thing in the world I feel sorry for you, son.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 18:57 Quote
Tax is not included because there is a different rate of tax for different items. Eg) A new bike has a lower tax % paid compared to the tax % paid on a new car. This is an incentive to buy a bike a ride to work rather than drive.
NOW GET OVER IT!

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 19:07 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:
Tax is not included because there is a different rate of tax for different items. Eg) A new bike has a lower tax % paid compared to the tax % paid on a new car. This is an incentive to buy a bike a ride to work rather than drive.
NOW GET OVER IT!
But they could still just calculate it with the appropriate tax percentage beforehand rather then at checkout.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 23:20 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:
Fjmedia wrote:
sheldonuvic wrote:

You can cover alot of ground in 3 hours from Whistler. What kind of bike are you bringing? Do you have a vehicle that can shuttle fire roads?

I will be bringing my 2014 Transition Covert 26". I will be renting a 4 door economy car to keep the price down (SUV rentals are pretty pricey). I will have another person with me so shuttling is an option as long as the rental car can make the road.

I'd recommend driving down to Squamish, Covert is the perfect bike for some laps there. Its less than an hour drive south. Tons of trails there and you can shuttle or pedal up.

Sounds great I have heard good things about squamish. Are there certain trails that I should check out there? Or directions of any kind? Thanks for all the feedback.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023359
Mobile Version of Website