The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 12:55 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
thinking bout checking out coast gravity? any of you been how is it?

Coast Gravity is fun. The trails are nice but they're short, and waiting for the shuttle sucks - especially when it's busy. The vibe is awesome though, totally laid back. And where else can you basically go and get shuttled by guys you see in bike movies? (they're all super nice btw)

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 17:34 Quote
thanks guys appreciate that feedback!

I know coast gravity seems so cool. Ive got a week off work, not sure if I will make it to vic

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 20:04 Quote
Don't be scared of the big jump line. It is the most fun you can have over there!

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 20:29 Quote
Hi everyone. Friends and I are taking our first trip to whistler here the third week of July. Other then the obvious trails and doing a top of the world run anything else we need to ride or night life we need to hit. Thanks for the advice ahead of time

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 21:13 Quote
Same for me! Whats up for nightlife ? Ill be there july 17th till 24th we rent a house 800m from the lift

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 0:51 Quote
Tommy Africas is the place to go to pick up chicks. Just make sure you wrap it.

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 9:34 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:

Bahaha! Yeah If you want to pick up coked out australian chicks. Otherwise, just don't go to longhorns for draft, their beer lines are filthy and will make you sick!

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 9:52 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:

Bahaha! Yeah If you want to pick up coked out australian chicks. Otherwise, just don't go to longhorns for draft, their beer lines are filthy and will make you sick!
Only ever picked up Canadian chicks there. Agreed on Longhorn though. Their drink prices are stupid.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 11:58 Quote
Three Below for good food and cheap drinks to start a night!

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 12:10 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:

Only ever picked up Canadian chicks there. Agreed on Longhorn though. Their drink prices are stupid.

The real secret is to swoop by Fat Tony's after the bars let out and pick up whatever is leftover...hahahaha.

We started most our nights at Tapley's, they have live music sometimes and the crowd is usually pretty cool. The local beer there is pretty cheap (for Whistler).

Also, coming from America we were unpleasantly surprised with the price of drinks, especially beer. We made a habit of buying wine (which is the most reasonably priced) and pre-gaming before heading out.

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 13:38 Quote
Mexican corner has good Mexican food if you like that.

Al the trails are awesome.... Never a bad day at whistler

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 17:55 Quote
cool thanks guys! can't wait to be there !!

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 22:38 Quote
Hy guys,

I will be in Vancouver in August and plan to go to whistler. The only possible time is the week of crankworx. Somehow great to visit crankworx, but I want to ride as well Wink .... Is the park closed to the normal riders or do I have to expect major trail closures due to events? I hope you can shed some light .....

cheers tim

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 1:25 Quote
weemanth wrote:
Hy guys,

I will be in Vancouver in August and plan to go to whistler. The only possible time is the week of crankworx. Somehow great to visit crankworx, but I want to ride as well Wink .... Is the park closed to the normal riders or do I have to expect major trail closures due to events? I hope you can shed some light .....

cheers tim

The park isnt closed to normal riders, and the trail closures will depend on what events are being held on the days you want to ride. For example if you ride the day of the aline race then aline wont be open. Check the race schedule, that will be helpful. Oh yeah and the lines can get fairly crazy, but its not too bad midweek during crankworx.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 14:55 Quote
Hi guys, I was just wondering if it's worth to setup my DH bike as a single speed. I'm tired of breaking cables and a more silent bike seems a good idea...

If I do it, where can I find the chain tensioner and spacers? I may have to find someone to do it for me too, since I'm do not have all my tools here...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020531
Mobile Version of Website