The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 19:36 Quote
RideLucas wrote:
Hi guys, I was just wondering if it's worth to setup my DH bike as a single speed. I'm tired of breaking cables and a more silent bike seems a good idea...

If I do it, where can I find the chain tensioner and spacers? I may have to find someone to do it for me too, since I'm do not have all my tools here...
just go chainless and you can ride as fast as gwin

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 23:08 Quote
I'm strongly contemplating going ss if i can get the spacers here, gears have caused me nothing but grief so far.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 23:17 Quote
dbxrace wrote:
I'm strongly contemplating going ss if i can get the spacers here, gears have caused me nothing but grief so far.

Why bother with all the extra parts like spacers? Just take the cable off, dial in your high limit screw to fix the rear mech to a particular gear and be done with it. I've done that a couple of times in the park when I break a shift cable, but just want to finish the day off without having to bother re-cabling the bike.

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 at 7:17 Quote
RideLucas wrote:
Hi guys, I was just wondering if it's worth to setup my DH bike as a single speed. I'm tired of breaking cables and a more silent bike seems a good idea...

If I do it, where can I find the chain tensioner and spacers? I may have to find someone to do it for me too, since I'm do not have all my tools here...

you can use your derailleur as a tensioner, go to one of the shops and ask them to get you an old cassette cogs, grind the teeth down and you got spacers Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2015 at 19:38 Quote
What's the first part of In Deep like to access the top of Fatcrobat? I've only gotten into Fat from Blue Velvet before... Would like to try the whole thing but not comfortable on In Deep level trails yet.

No precipitation in the 14 day outlook Frown That's gotta be making it tough for trail crew... any word on CIU More?

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 at 21:36 Quote
gramboh wrote:
What's the first part of In Deep like to access the top of Fatcrobat? I've only gotten into Fat from Blue Velvet before... Would like to try the whole thing but not comfortable on In Deep level trails yet.

No precipitation in the 14 day outlook Frown That's gotta be making it tough for trail crew... any word on CIU More?
There's some pretty tough sections in that bit, it's got the big sections of rock roll that are fairly severe, no need to belt through them however, but take a look first for sure. It's all reasonably tech.

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 at 21:38 Quote
Pretty bad day today. Main chair was closed due to maintenance and the line up the gondola was huge. Needless to say only did 1 lap before my chain and derailleur snapped. Oh well...

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 at 22:33 Quote
Trootn wrote:
Pretty bad day today. Main chair was closed due to maintenance and the line up the gondola was huge. Needless to say only did 1 lap before my chain and derailleur snapped. Oh well...

Whar time were you riding? I've been out nearly all day and all been good on the lift for me.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 5:15 Quote
gramboh wrote:

In deep and fatcrobat are both pretty rugged. If you've only accessed fatcrobat from bv, you've only seen a small, relatively easy part of it.

Ciu more is actually going to be ciu regular, but once complete, ciu regular will turn into ciu more. Timeline is unknown as fire suppression over there is not strait forward (no Snowmaking) which will surely delay the guys.

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 7:21 Quote
Barbour1994 wrote:
Trootn wrote:

Whar time were you riding? I've been out nearly all day and all been good on the lift for me.

Around 1-2 to 5 then it re opened.

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 8:12 Quote
Trootn wrote:
Barbour1994 wrote:
Trootn wrote:

Around 1-2 to 5 then it re opened.

haha, fair enough 2- 5 was exactly my break in the day.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 9:28 Quote
nickel wrote:
gramboh wrote:

In deep and fatcrobat are both pretty rugged. If you've only accessed fatcrobat from bv, you've only seen a small, relatively easy part of it.

Ciu more is actually going to be ciu regular, but once complete, ciu regular will turn into ciu more. Timeline is unknown as fire suppression over there is not strait forward (no Snowmaking) which will surely delay the guys.

I vote naming them crank it up and crank it down

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
nickel wrote:
gramboh wrote:

I vote naming them crank it up and crank it down

yea lol!

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 12:10 Quote
Hi guys heading out to whistler for the summer any inside knowledge or tips would be cool and if anyone wants to teach or show an novice around most welcome
thanks Chris

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 22:13 Quote
Heading to Whistler for 5 weeks, going to be riding at least 5 days a week.
Just after a rough estimate for how many tires and brake pads I would be getting through?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026957
Mobile Version of Website