The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 23:17 Quote
Falling wrote:
Pretty sh!tty bashing on the lifties.

@Thunder no sarcasm here just curious. How in the world did you DH with a back that wouldn't let you put your bike on the lift? Are you talking about on the hook? Did you have a range of motion incident. I'm curious but I more impressed than anything. The first couple of days my back hurts and it's fairy healthy.

I have a high pain tolerance lol. Not just back, I injured my wrist, shoulder, knee and ankle as well. I was riding with a wrist brace. I was taking it easy though. Just cruising slowly down the green run, B line and crank it up mostly. It's hard to explain but lifting, especially fast sudden movements would cause me a ton of pain so I couldn't get my bike on to the lift. Being in a fixed position on my bike was ok for the most part (if you look closely at my profile picture you can see how stiff I was on my bike). I felt pain but nothing unbearable. The next day was awul though. Felt like I got hit by a train.

I had some bad luck and was in 2 accidents less than 3 months apart. A truck hit me head on in an intersection, he was in the wrong lane then I got rear ended on the freeway. Dumbass was texting and didn't see that traffic came to a stop. I took 2 years off biking, I was dying to get back on the trails so I simply put up with the pain.

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 1:24 Quote
Hey guys got a weird question. I found an ad on CL for a chalet in Alpine Meadows with shared rooms for rent in Whistler on craigslist. I contacted the poster, who provided me with her phone number and an application for tenancy, which I completed and returned. The application asked for a few references, info about my current job/supervisors/boss, and how long I would like to rent for. Everything seems very legitimate. Tons of photos and information about the chalet, I even googled the address of the property. I was sent back the rental agreement, which I need to sign and send back, along with a deposit over email.

So here is my question, anyone know how high the chance for a scam is? I'm currently road-tripping across Canada and Alaska so I won't see it before September. So while "technically" I can afford to get scammed for 1k, it would utterly ruin my dream of a year in Whistler.

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 5:57 Quote
LulikZ wrote:
Hey guys got a weird question. I found an ad on CL for a chalet in Alpine Meadows with shared rooms for rent in Whistler on craigslist. I contacted the poster, who provided me with her phone number and an application for tenancy, which I completed and returned. The application asked for a few references, info about my current job/supervisors/boss, and how long I would like to rent for. Everything seems very legitimate. Tons of photos and information about the chalet, I even googled the address of the property. I was sent back the rental agreement, which I need to sign and send back, along with a deposit over email.

So here is my question, anyone know how high the chance for a scam is? I'm currently road-tripping across Canada and Alaska so I won't see it before September. So while "technically" I can afford to get scammed for 1k, it would utterly ruin my dream of a year in Whistler.

Trust your instinct, if it feels like a scam I would walk away.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 9:28 Quote
LulikZ wrote:

If you are concerned ask for some way for them to verify the rental is theirs, be it property tax statement or a bill with their name on it. Also if you are sending a deposit or similar, make sure you can mail it to their address, and not some different one.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 9:30 Quote
Does anybody want to trade their Large sized enduro bike for a 2016 aluminum demo 8?
2016 Mint Specialized Demo 8

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
Is there a place where I can find the schedule for whistler? I want to go but don't want to be there for Crank works. I'd also like to go for "top of the world" which I'm not sure when it opens. Who's gonna be my hero and point me in the right direction?

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 18:20 Quote
RussellTinka wrote:
Is there a place where I can find the schedule for whistler? I want to go but don't want to be there for Crank works. I'd also like to go for "top of the world" which I'm not sure when it opens. Who's gonna be my hero and point me in the right direction?

Whistler Bikepark Hours

Crankworx 2016 Whistler Info

Top of the World Dates

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 21:06 Quote
Hi,
do you know if guys form The Fix Bicycle in Fuction-J. service forks ? Is this true they have more resonable prices than other services in village ?

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 21:09 Quote
hubsti wrote:
Hi,
do you know if guys form The Fix Bicycle in Fuction-J. service forks ? Is this true they have more resonable prices than other services in village ?

Vorsprung is just next door to the fix. They only do suspension and do a great job and have same day turnaround normally. Not sure if The Fix would be cheaper though.

Posted: Jul 31, 2016 at 6:26 Quote
Go straight to vorsprung. Cut out the middle man! If it's just a oil and seal service, anyone in town can do it!

Posted: Jul 31, 2016 at 14:50 Quote
LulikZ wrote:

Scam. Do not send money site unseen. You'll show up and find no keys to pick up and the suite is rented or occupied. Come here first then find a room you can see.

Posted: Jul 31, 2016 at 18:55 Quote
LulikZ wrote:

Isn't craigslist extremely sketchy. I avoid that website altogether

My advice would be to book through an agency like Alluradirect.

Or at least see if you can find a backup place to stAy. ( I got scammed for a condo ) it might even be worth reserving a place and swallowing the deposit if you end up not needing it.

It just sucks big time when your on your way driving over and find out you've been scammed.

I booked through Alluradirect and the condo owner tried to scam me ( long story). Alluradirect direct got me the money back.

Posted: Aug 1, 2016 at 4:33 Quote
I always book on whistler official site no problem at all no deposit needeed.

Posted: Aug 1, 2016 at 20:23 Quote
If anyone wants to ride hit me up! I pretty much ride alone most days because my buddy's all work day times. I'm pretty comfortable with everything on the mountain - except the last crabapple jump, that scares the shit out of me. I'm not the fastest but I love tech stuff!

Cheers

Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 18:15 Quote
Hey Guys, I'll be in Squamish during Crankworx and would like to go watch a trail event (not freeride) and would like your opinion on which one to watch and from where on the mountain.

ThanksSmile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027766
Mobile Version of Website