SILVER STAR thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
SILVER STAR thread
Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 17:19 Quote
TreyDownhill wrote:
sexley wrote:
Fat Bikes have never done well at FrostBIKE. The top three from the last two years have had thin Maxxis Wet Streams on. At speed the Fat bike just does not want to turn as it stays on top of the snow. Flat pedals are highly recommended as well and dress for the weather; warm footwear, yellow or orange tinted goggles and proper gloves are a must..

Views: 41,288    Faves: 528    Comments: 55

There ya go! Smile

thats me a 58 seconds eating the berm.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 17:33 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
TreyDownhill wrote:
sexley wrote:
Fat Bikes have never done well at FrostBIKE. The top three from the last two years have had thin Maxxis Wet Streams on. At speed the Fat bike just does not want to turn as it stays on top of the snow. Flat pedals are highly recommended as well and dress for the weather; warm footwear, yellow or orange tinted goggles and proper gloves are a must..

Views: 41,288    Faves: 528    Comments: 55

There ya go! Smile

thats me a 58 seconds eating the berm.

Super cool! I deffinately want to do this sometime!

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 22:03 Quote
FrostBIKE ~ https://www.pinkbike.com/u/sexley/blog/2015-frostbike-at-silver-star-bike-park.html

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 11:24 Quote
Any one have any 2015 Bike Park Rumors?

I have heard that they are adding a light saber gauntlet to Jedi Mind Tricks, all made possible because Cam has finally progressed from padawan to full on Jedi Master (Very difficult process, that is highly top secret ... something about a vision quest on Beauowolf, among other feats of strength).

O+
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 18:11 Quote
I really hope that the bottom of prostar is going to be ready this year.

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 19:00 Quote
Since disney now owns the franchise I heard that Cam will lose his Jedi powers and will be banned to lower mountain to rake enduro trails while a cuter more marketable character will take his place screwing the whole place up. There will be the pepsi drop, east hill dental gap, telus high speed berm, etc. there will then be a mutiny and they will have to bring him back just to paint the slats on the double dog trail features from pink and blue back to a plain brown.

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 20:35 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Since disney now owns the franchise I heard that Cam will lose his Jedi powers and will be banned to lower mountain to rake enduro trails while a cuter more marketable character will take his place screwing the whole place up. There will be the pepsi drop, east hill dental gap, telus high speed berm, etc. there will then be a mutiny and they will have to bring him back just to paint the slats on the double dog trail features from pink and blue back to a plain brown.

I would love a Telus High speed berm! You could get free wifi in the berm ... 3g even.

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 11:03 Quote
Rad day yesterday! So blown out and dusty and awesome as f*ck. Glad I didnt get a pass tho. Nothing really new but a cool new section of jmt that needs to be burnt in

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
Yep pretty good out there. Went Enduro'ing Bro.
Nice to see some updates to the park. Jedi and Snake Pit just keep getting better.

The braking bumps are absolute hand killers. WOW.

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
cstishenko wrote:
Nice to see some updates to the park. Jedi and Snake Pit just keep getting better.

wild right? definetly fun and have to be pinned to smooth them out

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 12:15 Quote
makripper wrote:
cstishenko wrote:

Its the brake bumps, on that bottom collector trail, that do me in. Its hard to ride all day with that abuse at the end.

It would be amazing if they could just pave it, or put in concrete bloc....

.... likely a low priority, however ... if you could ride longer due to less fatigue, you would be at the resort longer... and just maybe you would buy more beer, pizza.... silver star branded T-shirts (on sale at ski dazzel FYI) .... and what not.

Cant really complain about the other 95% of the trails....its just that 5%that really f*cking sucks.

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 14:40 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
makripper wrote:
cstishenko wrote:

Its the brake bumps, on that bottom collector trail, that do me in. Its hard to ride all day with that abuse at the end.

It would be amazing if they could just pave it, or put in concrete bloc....

.... likely a low priority, however ... if you could ride longer due to less fatigue, you would be at the resort longer... and just maybe you would buy more beer, pizza.... silver star branded T-shirts (on sale at ski dazzel FYI) .... and what not.

Cant really complain about the other 95% of the trails....its just that 5%that really f*cking sucks.
I love that part! theres bomb hole gaps all over the place! just gotta no brake and boost where you can haha. Hard to focus on pain when having fun Wink

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 15:05 Quote
Any other mountain/trail reports?

I've never been to Silverstar and may head out there next weekend depending on conditions. I was Whistler two weeks ago and it was the worst I've even seen it due to the lack of rain (dusty, hard, braking bumps from hell). Comparable conditions?

Any advice on where to stay is also welcome.

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 15:19 Quote
NolanD wrote:

I've never been to Silverstar and may head out there next weekend depending on conditions. I was Whistler two weeks ago and it was the worst I've even seen it due to the lack of rain (dusty, hard, braking bumps from hell). Comparable conditions?

comparable for sure, but not. As bombed. Dry and dusty. 1 hostel at ss 30 a night or the bulldog. But at 30 a night w the hostel u will get your own room because it's vacant most of the time in the summer

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 15:36 Quote
makripper wrote:
NolanD wrote:

comparable for sure, but not. As bombed. Dry and dusty. 1 hostel at ss 30 a night or the bulldog. But at 30 a night w the hostel u will get your own room because it's vacant most of the time in the summer

Cool, thanks.

Should've specified no hostels. I'm more than happy to pay for a decent place as long as they have secure bike storage (may bring two bikes) and are convenient to the hill.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014059
Mobile Version of Website