SILVER STAR thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
SILVER STAR thread
Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 15:47 Quote
NolanD wrote:
makripper wrote:
NolanD wrote:
Any other mountain/trail reports?

I've never been to Silverstar and may head out there next weekend depending on conditions. I was Whistler two weeks ago and it was the worst I've even seen it due to the lack of rain (dusty, hard, braking bumps from hell). Comparable conditions?

Any advice on where to stay is also welcome.
comparable for sure, but not. As bombed. Dry and dusty. 1 hostel at ss 30 a night or the bulldog. But at 30 a night w the hostel u will get your own room because it's vacant most of the time in the summer

Cool, thanks.

Should've specified no hostels. I'm more than happy to pay for a decent place as long as they have secure bike storage (may bring two bikes) and are convenient to the hill.

The Bulldog is a hotel. Cheap and cheerful, and mostly empty all summer. It's in the village, less than 60 seconds walk to 2 pubs, coffee/breakfast place, lift tickets and it has a secure bike room in the basement [bring your own lock]. I think it's $50/night for a room with 2 queen beds, wi-fi, mini-fridge.

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 16:29 Quote
They're are also lots of condos for rent. Try pinnacles good rooms bike friendly fair price and you can ride in and out

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 8:05 Quote
I'm headed out to Silverstar this week with my 7 year old. We'll probably be riding a half day on Wednesday and a full day on Thursday if any other riders with kids wants to join!

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 14:58 Quote
I think kids ride free wed night.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 18:01 Quote
Ya man, I found out kids get a full day pass for free on Wednesdays, which is pretty awesome. So we'll be there all day Wednesday now.
vernonjeff wrote:
I think kids ride free wed night.

Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 8:37 Quote
that's a great way to get more kids riding! well played SS...well played...Hey Colin...wednesday man, we should've went yesterday!! oh well

Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 8:44 Quote
FS4M1K3 wrote:
that's a great way to get more kids riding! well played SS...well played...Hey Colin...wednesday man, we should've went yesterday!! oh well

Took my child for his first SS ride last night. we had a blast.

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 7:46 Quote
you would think SS would have a presense in here.

Posted: Aug 22, 2015 at 9:04 Quote
We lack maturity and credibility, I think they would rather not be involved... They probably followed us over to the V-Riders thread and noticed it was 50% S.S. bashing, and stayed away... They then saw cat .gifs and logged out 4 ever.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2015 at 13:24 Quote
FrostBike - 2016

I got word that the folks at SilverStar are not bringing back FrostBike for next year. I sent them an email and here's what I got back from them;

Hi Josh,

Thank you for letting me know about how the changes to frostbike have affected you. I realize there were some loyal followers to the event and it was a great race in its time. Unfortunately with three years of consistently declining participation and falling revenues, we’ve had to consider to how create a fresher format that’s more viable as a business model. Based on this, we have restructured the race to appeal to a broader demographic and make it more accessible to the average person.

Having said all this, Frostbike is not dead, we’ve simply reformatted it for this year. If you have any thoughts on how to grow the Frostbike race then I’d be happy to develop some ideas with you and look at potentially bringing it back under the right circumstances.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 11:42 Quote
jdlsalle wrote:
FrostBike - 2016

I got word that the folks at SilverStar are not bringing back FrostBike for next year. I sent them an email and here's what I got back from them;

Hi Josh,

Thank you for letting me know about how the changes to frostbike have affected you. I realize there were some loyal followers to the event and it was a great race in its time. Unfortunately with three years of consistently declining participation and falling revenues, we’ve had to consider to how create a fresher format that’s more viable as a business model. Based on this, we have restructured the race to appeal to a broader demographic and make it more accessible to the average person.

Having said all this, Frostbike is not dead, we’ve simply reformatted it for this year. If you have any thoughts on how to grow the Frostbike race then I’d be happy to develop some ideas with you and look at potentially bringing it back under the right circumstances.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

My guess is they want to go in other directions. Probably something single crown so it appeals to the masses instead of their base.

Posted: May 9, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
This guy keeps checking the webcams on the daily….

Can't wait for this season!

http://www.skisilverstar.com/summer/my-mountain-info/mountain-conditions/webcams

O+
Posted: May 9, 2016 at 16:13 Quote
Me too! Any word on Beowulf? I see they updated the trail map but it looks like it won't be complete. The dotted line goes pretty far though, so that is promising!

Posted: May 9, 2016 at 18:05 Quote
Beo-woof dunn this year, RockStar full rebuild this year... XB, get your Enduro Pass ...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014514
Mobile Version of Website