Your time is short!!!

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Your time is short!!!
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
What is the point continuing in this world? By the time I reach my thirties society as we know it will either end or become a glorious renaissance. I'm thinking the first one will happen. Most of what makes us go on these days requires energy that just isn't going to be around that much.

The climate has shifted leaving once fertile lands deserts. Food production will drop as we add bio fuels to our repertoire of unsustainable fuels. Governments will destabilize as the cost of oil rises. Fascist states will rise where democracy once stood proud.

The religious right is going to get out of control very soon. (Who cares what deity you bow to)? This will only perpetuate things as you cannot reason with radicals.

I know most of you are still in high school... but still... WAKE UP!!! Time is short people. We are not immortal.

Sorry, just needed to vent to something victimless

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:14 Quote
I choose not to believe in any of that. I believe that energy will run out, but I don't believe its going to anytime soon, no do I believe that some scientist won't come up with an alternative to energy.
People can believe in what they want to believe in. I don't hate on people because they skateboard and I bike, everyone has there own beliefs. If religions go to the extreme of war or the separation of people from what they believe in then people don't deserve to keep living anyways.
And yea, I'm still in highschool, but I'm awake.. I think.

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
Necessity is the mother of invention...

Sure we are running out of energy... but in 30 years we'll but so much more advanced... Think about thirty years ago and all the advances the human race has made... and now just imagine how far we can go in the next 30 years...

O+
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
the advances in the last thirty years are greatly contributed to easy energy.

its the last thirty years that have really pushed the proverbial boulder off the cliff

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
Lighten up, Francis......Rolleyes

O+
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 8:04 Quote
like i said, just needed to vent a little and the internet is victimless

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
vancouver-bound wrote:
The internet is not victimless, get with the times, YO!!:P

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356056,00.html

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
FriedRys wrote:
vancouver-bound wrote:

Thats messed up.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
FriedRys wrote:
vancouver-bound wrote:

oo oo, that sounds like a great idea... lets all go make fun of someone over the internet because they own a 300$ bike... maybe they will stop riding and die from an over weight heart attacktup

O+
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 9:51 Quote
hurry up summer, I need too ride

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
Yeah in 10 years we are all gonna be crawling around in the gutters which will be full of blood, i'm sure. We will have no way to get anywhere, and the robots will be taking over, amirite? The whole world will be a desert, even Antarctica will be completely dry. All the whales will be ancient memories. The sun will be blocked out by pollution and it will be darkened days. The pandas will finally give up on boning each other and become extinct. A gay black woman will be president. Wal Mart will become the government, and will rule over the land. You better get a lot of riding in before bicycles are outlawed by Wal Mart! I think I'm gonna go crawl under a rock and cry!!!!

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 22:06 Quote
clickityclack wrote:
I choose not to believe in any of that. I believe that energy will run out, but I don't believe its going to anytime soon, no do I believe that some scientist won't come up with an alternative to energy.
People can believe in what they want to believe in. I don't hate on people because they skateboard and I bike, everyone has there own beliefs. If religions go to the extreme of war or the separation of people from what they believe in then people don't deserve to keep living anyways.
And yea, I'm still in highschool, but I'm awake.. I think.

There's no need for scientists to create any sophisticated energy alternatives. We already have enough renewable sources mainly solar and wind. There are already people living off the grid in a sustainable manner all over the world. We just need to change our consumerist ways and learn a slightly different lifestyle. People are slowly waking up to this shit. Heck 5 years ago there was little to no knowledge throughout the general public on hybrid cars or any other alternative energy driven vehicles, but these days it's all you see in the commercials. I believe this is just the beginning of the curve, I have faith that this will snowball and soon, enough people will have their heads out of their asses to realise that getting back on track is attainable.

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
How can we run out of energy if energy cannot be created or destroyed. Further more governments will not dissolve with rising oil prices just like they didnt when opec had an oil embargo! More over since when have fertile fields become deserts? proof?

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
carnell wrote:
More over since when have fertile fields become deserts? proof?
Here ya go buddy. Wink

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
vancouver-bound wrote:
What is the point continuing in this world? By the time I reach my thirties society as we know it will either end or become a glorious renaissance. I'm thinking the first one will happen. Most of what makes us go on these days requires energy that just isn't going to be around that much.

The climate has shifted leaving once fertile lands deserts. Food production will drop as we add bio fuels to our repertoire of unsustainable fuels. Governments will destabilize as the cost of oil rises. Fascist states will rise where democracy once stood proud.

The religious right is going to get out of control very soon. (Who cares what deity you bow to)? This will only perpetuate things as you cannot reason with radicals.

I know most of you are still in high school... but still... WAKE UP!!! Time is short people. We are not immortal.

Sorry, just needed to vent to something victimless

unfortunatly i have to agree (mostly) with vancouver-bound, just to think the earth has been around for what abillion years. Along comes man and within 100 years we're facing global meltdown. Is mankind doomed? no, but hopefully we have anouther 100 years to turn thing around. Attention

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011992
Mobile Version of Website