Your time is short!!!

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Your time is short!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
brandyn16 wrote:
unicorn-bob wrote:
Solar panels are not a bad idea actually. The energy we use out of the sun to power our needs, would be better than using electricity that is used from plants that just end up harming our environment. I am actually planning on investing in some solar panels when I get my own place. I didn't realize how bad our world was being put to waste till a while ago. People in our society don't care as much as they maybe should. This is becoming a huge world wide issue. We are littarly taking our planet for granted. People can help by doing the simplest things. By recycling instead of using our garbage disposals as our only option. Not throwing garbage on the ground and out our car windows. Turning off the lights in the rooms that we are not using, or simply shutting off the taps when we are not needing them. A split second of water being saved instead of wasted would help the tiniest amount. Or even if you are stopped at a light that takes a while or in a traffic jam or train, turn your engine off. The toxins from our cars contribute to the polluted air we breath, why breath in something you don't have too. Every little thing that one person can do can make a difference. I don’t think our world is doomed at this point. I just think people are not as informed as they should be, and have the opportunity to help the planet regain the health that it needs also.

i think some ones bin paying that suzuki guy to much attention..... gargage decomposes the same in a dump , then it does on the side of the road , it just looks bad. but i agree more people do gota recycle . the water running from your tap ends up right back where it came from after its cleaned, altho you have to pay for it still.

Actually, I don't watch that show at all but that is besides the point. Whether is decomposes on the side of the road or in a dump garbage either way does cause pollution to the world. Taking your trash to the dump is sometimes maybe worse than leaving it on the side of the road. Dumps are just a convenient place to take it. They just put your garbage into a hole with nothing to help prevent smell, the garbage juices that goes into our water, and the pollution that will go into our air. To be frank, taking your garbage to a land fill and recycling everything but the contents inside the things we use, be it food, then the environment would be better off. Landfills are a concrete hole with a drain and they cover it in dirt so that rats and birds don’t get at it. And so that the juices don’t get into our water. They cost more to provide world wide but in the end I would rather put my money into something that will help the environment than harm it. Instead of cutting down more trees to make paper recycle more and people make recycled paper and it saves another tree and another animal and helps the environment be better off. Global warming hasn't become an issue just one thing, it's because of how we treat the world, our ground so. I think paying for things should be a big reason why we shouldn't waste things. But people these days have huge ass houses that exceed in so many problems. I lived in the country with my mom, and driving down the road there is hardly any small houses anymore. The bigger your house the more power you need to run it. I am not attacking you at all by the way; I just had more to say.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
brandyn16 wrote:
unicorn-bob wrote:
Solar panels are not a bad idea actually. The energy we use out of the earth to power our needs, would be better than using electricity that is used from plants that just end up harming our environment. I am actually planning on investing in some solar panels when I get my own place. I didn't realize how bad our world was being put to waste till a while ago. People in our society don't care as much as they maybe should. This is becoming a huge world wide issue. We are littarly taking our planet for granted. People can help by doing the simplest things. By recycling instead of using our garbage disposals as our only option. Not throwing garbage on the ground and out our car windows. Turning off the lights in the rooms that we are not using, or simply shutting off the taps when we are not needing them. A split second of water being saved instead of wasted would help the tiniest amount. Or even if you are stopped at a light that takes a while or in a traffic jam or train, turn your engine off. The toxins from our cars contribute to the polluted air we breath, why breath in something you don't have too. Every little thing that one person can do can make a difference. I don’t think our world is doomed at this point. I just think people are not as informed as they should be, and have the opportunity to help the planet regain the health that it needs also.

i think some ones bin paying that suzuki guy to much attention..... gargage decomposes the same in a dump , then it does on the side of the road , it just looks bad. but i agree more people do gota recycle . the water running from your tap ends up right back where it came from after its cleaned, altho you have to pay for it still.

Yes but if you use less water, less water was cleaned which in itself expends a lot of energy.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
unicorn-bob wrote:
brandyn16 wrote:
unicorn-bob wrote:
Solar panels are not a bad idea actually. The energy we use out of the sun to power our needs, would be better than using electricity that is used from plants that just end up harming our environment. I am actually planning on investing in some solar panels when I get my own place. I didn't realize how bad our world was being put to waste till a while ago. People in our society don't care as much as they maybe should. This is becoming a huge world wide issue. We are littarly taking our planet for granted. People can help by doing the simplest things. By recycling instead of using our garbage disposals as our only option. Not throwing garbage on the ground and out our car windows. Turning off the lights in the rooms that we are not using, or simply shutting off the taps when we are not needing them. A split second of water being saved instead of wasted would help the tiniest amount. Or even if you are stopped at a light that takes a while or in a traffic jam or train, turn your engine off. The toxins from our cars contribute to the polluted air we breath, why breath in something you don't have too. Every little thing that one person can do can make a difference. I don’t think our world is doomed at this point. I just think people are not as informed as they should be, and have the opportunity to help the planet regain the health that it needs also.

Actually, I don't watch that show at all but that is besides the point. Whether is decomposes on the side of the road or in a dump garbage either way does cause pollution to the world. Taking your trash to the dump is sometimes maybe worse than leaving it on the side of the road. Dumps are just a convenient place to take it. They just put your garbage into a hole with nothing to help prevent smell, the garbage juices that goes into our water, and the pollution that will go into our air. To be frank, taking your garbage to a land fill and recycling everything but the contents inside the things we use, be it food, then the environment would be better off. Landfills are a concrete hole with a drain and they cover it in dirt so that rats and birds don’t get at it. And so that the juices don’t get into our water. They cost more to provide world wide but in the end I would rather put my money into something that will help the environment than harm it. Instead of cutting down more trees to make paper recycle more and people make recycled paper and it saves another tree and another animal and helps the environment be better off. Global warming hasn't become an issue just one thing, it's because of how we treat the world, our ground so. I think paying for things should be a big reason why we shouldn't waste things. But people these days have huge ass houses that exceed in so many problems. I lived in the country with my mom, and driving down the road there is hardly any small houses anymore. The bigger your house the more power you need to run it. I am not attacking you at all by the way; I just had more to say.

thank you, its good to be able to share different views with some one with out being attacked , and told i dont know anything because im 15. i persoanly dont see the problem with cutting down trees , they are one of the few resourses we have that IS renewable . so why not use it . a lot of lumber comapnies plant 5 trees for every 1 the cut down , which is good. but why are people so worried about energy ,we all pay for it, and its not like it will run out , like oil will ????

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 22:48 Quote
brandyn16 wrote:
unicorn-bob wrote:
brandyn16 wrote:

thank you, its good to be able to share different views with some one with out being attacked , and told i dont know anything because im 15. i persoanly dont see the problem with cutting down trees , they are one of the few resourses we have that IS renewable . so why not use it . a lot of lumber comapnies plant 5 trees for every 1 the cut down , which is good. but why are people so worried about energy ,we all pay for it, and its not like it will run out , like oil will ????

There's a right way and a wrong way to do everything. The problem with tree farming is that in many cases trees aren't being replanted. Which then means it is no longer a renewable resource because the companies are basically clear cutting.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 23:07 Quote
Trees can be replanted, but take 15-20-35-50 years to reach maturity, if they reach maturity. many die before that can happen, before they can reach the point of efficientially converting CO2 into O2. Couple that with the pine beatle out break and well the timber industry is a scary situation.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 23:21 Quote
carnell wrote:
Trees can be replanted, but take 15-20-35-50 years to reach maturity, if they reach maturity. many die before that can happen, before they can reach the point of efficientially converting CO2 into O2. Couple that with the pine beatle out break and well the timber industry is a scary situation.

thats why a lot of times they plant more then they cut . i dont see many just die as you said . that pine beetle criter really sucks. majority of all trees cut down id say would be spruce , most softwood building grade lumber is spruce . pine isnt as popular , its mostly used for furniture.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 0:58 Quote
brandyn16 wrote:
carnell wrote:

thats why a lot of times they plant more then they cut . i dont see many just die as you said . that pine beetle criter really sucks. majority of all trees cut down id say would be spruce , most softwood building grade lumber is spruce . pine isnt as popular , its mostly used for furniture.

Have you ever been to British Columbia or more precisley in the last three years? If you have you will understand the magnitude of the problem. The amount of trees dying at nearly the same time are hard to replace and its a big problem to a Province whos biggest industry is lumber.

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 6:36 Quote
carnell wrote:
brandyn16 wrote:
carnell wrote:

Have you ever been to British Columbia or more precisley in the last three years? If you have you will understand the magnitude of the problem. The amount of trees dying at nearly the same time are hard to replace and its a big problem to a Province whos biggest industry is lumber.

othern that beetle cocksucker , whats killing all these trees . and ive never been west of ontario..

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
The pine beetle is doing all the damage incredible amounts of damage. Ever watch hunters part of seasons? It isn't fall, those orange trees are dead and most of them are orange.

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 13:42 Quote
carnell wrote:
The pine beetle is doing all the damage incredible amounts of damage. Ever watch hunters part of seasons? It isn't fall, those orange trees are dead and most of them are orange.

i never seen that . i had no idea how bad a problem those things are over there.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
according to scientists, we still have over 100 years worth of known fossil fuel in our planet, that much is 100% garunteed. add to that the fossil fuel still unfound in our planet. and since ill die before we run out. what do i care about it.

thats pulled out of discovery magazine, they also have the the known amoutn of eveyr energy source we have and how long our known supplies of it will last

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
seaplusplus wrote:
according to scientists, we still have over 100 years worth of known fossil fuel in our planet, that much is 100% garunteed. add to that the fossil fuel still unfound in our planet. and since ill die before we run out. what do i care about it.

thats pulled out of discovery magazine, they also have the the known amoutn of eveyr energy source we have and how long our known supplies of it will last

There is absolutely no way to come up with a number that is even remotely accurate as you just suggested. The Soviets and Saudis have been lying to the world for years. No one has a clue how much oil they have. Estimates vary by hundreds of years. There is no single number agreed upon by scientists.

EDIT: There's also no way to accurately gauge population growth and the economic prosperity that is required to buy a car.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 3:43 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
seaplusplus wrote:

There is absolutely no way to come up with a number that is even remotely accurate as you just suggested. The Soviets and Saudis have been lying to the world for years. No one has a clue how much oil they have. Estimates vary by hundreds of years. There is no single number agreed upon by scientists.

EDIT: There's also no way to accurately gauge population growth and the economic prosperity that is required to buy a car.

Indeed, my uncle has worked in the oil industry since he graduated high school and worked his way up over the years to a credible position. Whenever the topic comes up with him, he says the same thing. The best anyone has is speculation. Even if there is a 100 years worth of oil in earth, finding it and extracting is the current dilemma as most of the "easy" oil deposits in North America are getting old.

If you were to read 100 different articles on the matter, you would probably 60 different guesses.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
seaplusplus wrote:

Go die now then, that’s the jackass attitude that will just make things worse. Whip Whip

Why even think how long oil will last there are so many alternative methods to produce power just people don't know about it.

Anybody heard about the air engine? It compresses normal air and feeds it into a piston engine, technically its free energy because the engine will run the compressor and still have energy left over for whatever need necessary.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
Anybody heard about the air engine? It compresses normal air and feeds it into a piston engine, technically its free energy because the engine will run the compressor and still have energy left over for whatever need necessary.

Hate to break it to you. There is no such thing as free energy. It defies the most basic law of physics. Matter and energy are neither created nor destroyed. They simply change forms. Add friction to the system and you lose lots of energy in the form of radiant heat.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035666
Mobile Version of Website