Cheapest route to a fisheye camera.

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
Cheapest route to a fisheye camera.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
Ive searched and didnt find too much. All I want is like a point and shoot or extended zoom digital camera, that I can buy a cheap fisheye for. My friend jsut got one for his DV camcorder for like 40 dollars but where are these cheap little lenses to digi cams. Im compeltely new to photography and am interested in getting into it. Any help on what camera's to look at or pretty well anything would help. By the way im on a super cheap budget.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
younggunmarshall wrote:
ebay
theres alot of stuff on ebay, I have no idea what models to look at.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 5:30 Quote
take a look on ebay like the otehr people above me said..

honestly though.. if your looking for a fisheye for a proper camera save up for a good one.. its easy to get a dodgy picture with such a wide angle lens and if you get a more expensive one you will get wayyy better pictures..

im saving up for a canon 15mm fisheye atm... retails at $1000 here which is about $700ish US

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
rgy1993 wrote:
take a look on ebay like the otehr people above me said..

honestly though.. if your looking for a fisheye for a proper camera save up for a good one.. its easy to get a dodgy picture with such a wide angle lens and if you get a more expensive one you will get wayyy better pictures..

im saving up for a canon 15mm fisheye atm... retails at $1000 here which is about $700ish US

Yea I was afraid if that. Thanks for the advice, nut at this moment I could go for a dodgy wide angle then a hi qual DSLR one.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 16:28 Quote
well if you want to be really dodgy and spend about like 5 bucks on one u can do what i did for my old video camera... mind you this only works for cameras with them really small lenses.. good luck trying this with a dslr haha

but all you gotta do is just buy one of them door peeps you get to see whos at your front door from the inside. then just cut it down until all you get is the lenses inside and some people opt to make a mount and everything but i just blu tacked it to my camera and it worked alright for me... picture quality wasnt great though..

heres a pic i took with it ages ago:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/rgy1993/DCP_1114.jpg
hope that helped
cheers

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
Thats really interesting! I was thinking more along the lines of an extended zoom camera where theres a 40 dollar wide angle lens I could get.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 3:47 Quote
hmm

i suppose you could also have a look at the fisheyes they make for like handy cams and buy one of those and figure out a way to mount it on ur camera..

something like
http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Fisheye-Handycam-DCR-SR42-Camcorder/dp/B000I0V3LW

their usually pretty cheap.... bout $60ish here which is like 30 bucks in the US

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007464
Mobile Version of Website