MARZOCCHI or ROCKSHOX

PB Forum :: Other
MARZOCCHI or ROCKSHOX
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
hey which one do you prefer and y

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
i have bought from both companies. i personnally like marzocchi. they have been around for a while and make some good quality stuff. BUT do stay away from the drop off series... lets just say they are known to have LOTS of problems. as for rockshox they are nice too.they dont have as many models as marzocchi but they have all the types of riding.
any ways i perfer to use marzocchi.
but both are good. just depends on the rider

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
marzocchi hands down. Great performance with little maintenance. less maintenance=more riding!

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
Marzocchi can take anything. they are the so reliable!

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
i also love the squishy noise you get on the longer travel forks!

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
Marzocchi. I've had my experiences with Rock Shox, and I just overall prefer Marzocchi any day. They make quality products and I love the feel of them compared to any of the Rock Shox line...

DJ>Argyle
66>Totem
888>Boxxer

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
cmorebikes wrote:
i also love the squishy noise you get on the longer travel forks!

yeah, i get that on my talas... haha

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
cdavis wrote:

DJ>Argyle
66>Totem
888>Boxxer

pretty much wraps up this thread. nicely put.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
lol not one rockshox vote yet. lol
marzo is definatly better no questions asked

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
Having owned RockShox and Marzocchi top quality forks, here's my verdict.

My 2005 66RC was stiff, and was performing well. Speaking about the damping system, the nuts were unthreading under impacts, leading to a loss of the adjustements. This could damage the allen interface of the plunger. The point is, none fork is free from misconceptions as to tighten the red nuts, you were unscrewing the cartridges. The seals lasts a long time and the 20mm axle is reliable, yet takes time to took off an 2 different allen keys.

My 2007 Boxxer Team and later, WC used to be dissasembled once a while to replace the seals as they don't last as long as the Marzocchi. The 2006 Motion control dampers could starts to leak as the o-ring was sometime popping out. RockShox made a great job replacing thems at no cost. The Maxle can strip if not removed correctly, but require only one allen key to remove. Boxxer are far more sensitive to small bumps than Marzocchi due, partially, to the seals. They are also lighter, but could dent easier.

For my riding style, I prefer RockShox.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
Uh, this is pretty much pointless, because as soon as the 12 (you can mentally be 12) year olds get in here, it'll turn into my fork is better than yours flame fest.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
Uh, this is pretty much pointless, because as soon as the 12 (you can mentally be 12) year olds get in here, it'll turn into my fork is better than yours flame fest.

Pretty sure it will, but let's give thems a chance to prove us it won't Razz

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
ride66 wrote:
Having owned RockShox and Marzocchi top quality forks, here's my verdict.

My 2005 66RC was stiff, and was performing well. Speaking about the damping system, the nuts were unthreading under impacts, leading to a loss of the adjustements. This could damage the allen interface of the plunger. The point is, none fork is free from misconceptions as to tighten the red nuts, you were unscrewing the cartridges. The seals lasts a long time and the 20mm axle is reliable, yet takes time to took off an 2 different allen keys.

My 2007 Boxxer Team and later, WC used to be dissasembled once a while to replace the seals as they don't last as long as the Marzocchi. The 2006 Motion control dampers could starts to leak as the o-ring was sometime popping out. RockShox made a great job replacing thems at no cost. The Maxle can strip if not removed correctly, but require only one allen key to remove. Boxxer are far more sensitive to small bumps than Marzocchi due, partially, to the seals. They are also lighter, but could dent easier.

For my riding style, I prefer RockShox.
the new 2008 marzocchi 888 are just as or even more sencitive to everything. they are exactly the same as the boxxers but just improved. with more adjustments. and come in 3 types of forks ex. eta, ata. it all makes up for what i think is the best fork and best company on the market today.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009683
Mobile Version of Website