I think i broke my wrist

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
I think i broke my wrist
  • Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
ya but the less money you make the less taxes you pay. it means that rich people are pitching in on less fortunate peoples health care through the extra taxes they pay. so it helps people that wouldnt be able to afford it

O+
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
gregarious wrote:
ya but the less money you make the less taxes you pay. it means that rich people are pitching in on less fortunate peoples health care through the extra taxes they pay. so it helps people that wouldnt be able to afford it

thats what subsidization is lol.

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
MartinMassel wrote:
gregarious wrote:

thats what subsidization is lol.
fine, confuse me with your big words lol

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 9:26 Quote
Diablito wrote:
it would be torture for me to have to spend the first part of summer with a cast on my arm looking at my bottlerocket and not being able to ride it. Thank you all for your advice and happy trails to you all.

i gotta do that the whole summer with my bike and a season pass to my local bike park...

O+
Posted: May 29, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
speddownhiller wrote:
Diablito wrote:
it would be torture for me to have to spend the first part of summer with a cast on my arm looking at my bottlerocket and not being able to ride it. Thank you all for your advice and happy trails to you all.

i gotta do that the whole summer with my bike and a season pass to my local bike park...

i did that once also. first time using my seasons pass back in 03.. first ride of the day.. BAM. broke my femur was out for 9 months.. Looking at my bike every single day!!

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
knobzy wrote:
speddownhiller wrote:
Diablito wrote:

i did that once also. first time using my seasons pass back in 03.. first ride of the day.. BAM. broke my femur was out for 9 months.. Looking at my bike every single day!!

ya i know what you meen. it was my 4th time using the pass on my 3rd run. and i fell a good 15ft onto my wrist, and looking at my bike seeing how its just fine and looking at my wrist and seeing how f*cked up it is, makes me mad. hahaha

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
Good to hear you didn't break your wrist, it sucks, I did it last summer - so bad actually that it's still semi screwed and apparently will be for life. Oh well, next time you think you've broken something, you'll probably know because your body will sometimes go into shock and it will hurt like hell after the adrenaline rush subsides. You will know if you have a sprain instead as they are usually painful at first, then they're alright until things start to swell up and then typically feel screwed up for up to a week or two. Always best to get things looked at though, as things can often be prevented if caught earlier.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
That really sucks about the American health care system. Either suck it up or dont buy another part for a bike for a couple months! I think thats a fracture my friend! Hope it gets better.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
work on 20 one-handed pushups?

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
i'm pretty sure you won't make the 20 push-ups in 2 weeks if it's broken, and i wouldn't even try. see if you can have the test re-scheduled due to an injury, it should work. if you did break it (or even sprain it) you could cause irreparable damage to the joint by straining it like that. even after it is healed, i'd give it a little longer to get back to full strength. a friend of mine strained his wrist too hard right after he took his cast off and now he has partial loss of motion in it. i wouldn't risk it.

FL
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
glad you're wrist isn't broke and glad you had it looked at.

I'm in an insane amount of pain today with my wrist. I can't barely button my pants or pick up a coffee cup with it.

I broke my wrist about 10 years ago and never had it fixed... this is what happens when you don't have it fixed. I get flare ups like this every few months. Last a couple days and go away. You don't want to deal with this... trust me.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 7:36 Quote
It seems you have broken your navicular bone. It's a very small bone in your wrist. I've broken it too, in a soccer game...

-----------------------------------------------------------
sorry that I replied without reading through the thread
and glad to hear you haven't broken your wrist...
The navicular bone is easily to be broken if your wrists are shocked heavily...
We should protect our wrists, they're fragile and important for riding~!

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
I know this thread is a few months old now, but just wanted to throw in some information to hopefully benefit someone. Your injury sounds EXACTLY like mine. I broke my wrist (Scaphoid/navicular bone) in April. The day i did it, it hurt if i put pressure on my hand, but otherwise didn't hurt much. The next day it still hurt to put pressure on it (a push-up would kill), so I went to the doctor. Little did I know, those wrist bones, especially the scaphoid, are EXTREMELY difficult to get good X-Rays on! They took an x-ray, but didn't see a fracture line, so they said it was a sprain and sent me on my way. So I thought i was okay. I rode my bike, like normal, and it was just extra sore all the time. Two weeks later, I went surfing and when trying to get up, it hurt a TON. I decided to go back to the doctor, and he suggested an MRI, which is much more sensitive than an x-ray. Sure enough, my scaphoid was completely broken all the way through! I was lucky to avoid surgery, but still spent three months in a cast. If I had been accurately diagnosed the first time around, it would have only taken half the time. Turns out i screwed my wrist up more by riding on it and surfing.

Lesson in the end: Be extremely careful with wrist injuries. If your wrist still hurts after a week when you put pressure on it there is a VERY good chance that a bone in your wrist (esp. scaphoid bone) is broken, EVEN IF the initial x-rays couldn't pick it up. If it hurts at all, DON'T USE IT, don't try to "tough through it", because it will make the injury ten times worse in the long run.

Diablito wrote:
on the smallest little ledge just screwing around while riding from my house to my buddies and i flip over my bars and screw up my wrist. not to bad right after i did it but it got progressively worse and now i can't move my wrist much at all and it hurts when i try. it's not to swollen but really sore. i don't have health insurance so going to the doctor is kinda out of the question. also i have a physical agility test in 2 weeks to get into the border patrol and i have to do 20 pushups. what should i do?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018935
Mobile Version of Website