European Bike parks

PB Forum :: Europe
European Bike parks
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 13:09 Quote
I am planning on going to bike parks in europe in the future.... far in the future... and i only know a few of them (Winterberg, Crans-Montana, Les Gets). What are the names of most/all of the bikeparks in europe and what country they are in?

I am extremely sorry if this is already a topic, but i couldnt find it....

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 0:43 Quote
Here are a few that I know of that you have't mentioned:

Verbier, Switzerland (been going there for the past 14 years, incredible place to ride and I really recommend it)
Scuol, Switzerland
Canazei, Italy
Chatel, France
Ilmenau, Germany
Leogang, Austria
Thale, Germany
Rittershausen, Germany
Steinach, Germany
Bad Wildbad, Germany
Wiriehorn, Switzerland
Davos, Switzerland
Bellwald, Switzerland
Ochsenkopf, Germany
Hahnenklee, Germany

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 2:40 Quote
thanks very much

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 2:54 Quote
theres this, it was in mbuk ,they said it was the whistler of europe, and they have plans of making a world cup track!! it in norway(hafjell)

http://www.hafjellfreeride.no/index_eng.aspx

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 2:26 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
Verbier, Switzerland (been going there for the past 14 years, incredible place to ride and I really recommend it)

Whats it like? I might be going in August - so what are the lift arrangements and stuff?

EDIT (PS ive been skiiing there loads of times though)

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 5:44 Quote
Hafjell, Norway
Hemesedal, Norway
Oppdal, Norway
Åre, Sweden

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 7:53 Quote
Shambhala bike park, Sopot, Bulgaria

http://shambhala-bikepark.com/

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
crazyaboutbikes wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

Whats it like? I might be going in August - so what are the lift arrangements and stuff?

EDIT (PS ive been skiiing there loads of times though)

Well I have a year pass so I don't really know what kind of passes you can get. I think in summer you have to buy day cards. They have bike racks on every second cable car, and at the top you just unhook it and go ride.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
Was in Verbier last year when a round of the Swiss DH Cup was there, we rode the track all day while they were practicing, it was awesome!

Pila in Italy is an excellent place too, nearest town is Aosta.

Chatel in France is awesome!

Crans Montana in Switzerland is very good too, very tricky Northshore at the end.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 2:24 Quote
Hafjell, Norway
Hemesedal, Norway
Oppdal, Norway
Åre, Sweden
Kanis, Sweden
Gesunda, Sweden

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 1:53 Quote
and next year, Aron, Norway in Drammen a hour from Oslo...there's a lot of awsome tracks there, and next year the lift is up, and there gonna be build some more shit.. ya aint got ridin' like that anywere else!Pimp

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 10:48 Quote
Wellzee-DH-DJ wrote:
I am planning on going to bike parks in europe in the future.... far in the future... and i only know a few of them (Winterberg, Crans-Montana, Les Gets). What are the names of most/all of the bikeparks in europe and what country they are in?

Don't forget Vallnord in Andorra, which is a great bikepark in the Pyrenees. The bikepark is also known because one of the World Cups is held there... plus it's Cedric Gracia's training ground! Smile

Cheers,

- Maarten

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:27 Quote
Just this week returned from verbier where there is the kona bike park. Most of the routes are well signed and difficulty ranges from "oh sh*t this is way to hard" to "Im amazing at this bike lark". There are a few unmarked routes as well which are good if you have someone local who knows them (try nobounds for good prices and friendly guides).

PS If you go - you have to cycle the 1400 vertical metres to Le Chable- all with no walking up! - its an amazing run

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:32 Quote
crazyaboutbikes wrote:
Just this week returned from verbier where there is the kona bike park. Most of the routes are well signed and difficulty ranges from "oh sh*t this is way to hard" to "Im amazing at this bike lark". There are a few unmarked routes as well which are good if you have someone local who knows them (try nobounds for good prices and friendly guides).

PS If you go - you have to cycle the 1400 vertical metres to Le Chable- all with no walking up! - its an amazing run

Cool. I just came back a few days ago. I've been to Verbier every year since I was born, and it's also the place where I took up MTB. I agree with NoBounds, they're good guys and are always willing to help. My friend rented a Stab Supreme from them when he came for a week. But just to point something out, all the bike shops in Verbier have exactly the same equipment rental rates in the summer. It's basically up to what brand bike you want to rent which decidedes which shop to go to.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
Right, NoBounds has mainly Konas
Xtreme has Varios I think
Happy Sport (in Le Chable down the valley - maybe cheaper?) have Scotts

Verbier rocks - bikes and skis... Big Grin

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008871
Mobile Version of Website