Specialized Warranty??

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized Warranty??
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
Ok so I went to my LBS today because i cracked the chainstay on my 05 sx trail, but the shop said it wasnt under warranty. They said that only the main frame has a lifetime warranty and the swingarm is a 1 year warranty. Has anyone else had this problem?

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 5:37 Quote
dude that sounds rough, it makes you regret not reading the small print eh?

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 5:43 Quote
Skip the LBS....COntact Specialized directly yourself.

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 5:53 Quote
Philbilly wrote:
Skip the LBS....COntact Specialized directly yourself.

Totally, if the company has a soul (who knows it is specialized they could f*ck you) they should at least give you crash replacement pricing on a new swingarm or frame. I'm surprised your shop didn't offer that or at least make a phone call

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 8:09 Quote
the guy at my shop isnt the nicest...

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
Then like i said...COntact specialized yourself...Do you still have the Origional Reciept and Warantee card? If so you should able to atleast talk them into crash replacement pricing, or atleast a new rear end.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 5:11 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:
Ok so I went to my LBS today because i cracked the chainstay on my 05 sx trail, but the shop said it wasnt under warranty. They said that only the main frame has a lifetime warranty and the swingarm is a 1 year warranty. Has anyone else had this problem?

That's B.S. In '03 I had a '99 enduro that cracked right behind the bottom bracket on the drive side chainstay. They sent me a new upgraded chainstay with sealed bearings instead of bushings and said if it didn't work they'd send me a whole new frame. I'd call specialized and tell them your shop that is representing their name is trying to scam you into buying a new bike. When you get the new chainstay, put it on yourself, take the bike to them and tell them they've lost a customer when you do buy a new bike.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 8:02 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:
2 years on the swingarm!

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 20:10 Quote
Just wondering, but I have the following predicament: 08' Enduro Comp w/o warranty for 2300, or a Enduro Comp with warranty for 2700. Would you take the warranty for $400 extra?

My main concern is with the suspension, since they're both in-house. I've heard problems with the 07' (apparently manufactured by SR Suntour) but not with the 08'. I'd ride the thing ALL mountain from urban to trails to XC to bike parks to North Shore etc. Also, I don't think breaking the frame is a worry; I'm only 145 lb. and am not doing huge hucks. If the frame ever had a prob. that would be the last time I'd ever touch a Specialized bike.

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 16:27 Quote
canadiandegelder wrote:
Just wondering, but I have the following predicament: 08' Enduro Comp w/o warranty for 2300, or a Enduro Comp with warranty for 2700. Would you take the warranty for $400 extra?

My main concern is with the suspension, since they're both in-house. I've heard problems with the 07' (apparently manufactured by SR Suntour) but not with the 08'. I'd ride the thing ALL mountain from urban to trails to XC to bike parks to North Shore etc. Also, I don't think breaking the frame is a worry; I'm only 145 lb. and am not doing huge hucks. If the frame ever had a prob. that would be the last time I'd ever touch a Specialized bike.

Specialized's warranty isn't concerning the shop you buy the bike from. Your shop is just selling the headache of having to deal with any part of the labor involved in a warranty item by giving you a deal. Specialized's warranty is exactly that-Specialized's warranty. You could take that bike to any other authorized Specialized dealer, and they have to honor the warranty that comes in the owners packet of the bike. Just tell them you dont like dealing with the shop you bought the bike from.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 6:08 Quote
Burga wrote:
That's B.S. In '03 I had a '99 enduro that cracked right behind the bottom bracket on the drive side chainstay. They sent me a new upgraded chainstay with sealed bearings instead of bushings and said if it didn't work they'd send me a whole new frame. I'd call specialized and tell them your shop that is representing their name is trying to scam you into buying a new bike. When you get the new chainstay, put it on yourself, take the bike to them and tell them they've lost a customer when you do buy a new bike.

I know that by the book, the front triangle (or entire frame on a hardtail) on Specialized frames is covered by a lifetime warranty. And by the book, the rear suspension components are only covered by a 1-year warranty. Both apply to the original owner only. I'm not saying you're lying, but going by Specialized's current warranty policy, the shop was correct. So don't judge them too harshly based entirely on that.

I'd contact them directly (or through a different Specialized dealer), and try anyways. Specialized, for such a corporate company, will really cover your ass when it comes to warranty. They might make an exception for you.

Let us know how she goes.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 6:29 Quote
sad world when bike shops are scamming stuff outta people.

wish the small print wasnt so small in manuals either and it was laid out easier to understand.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 6:36 Quote
Shop i work in sells specalized we have been told that its lifetime frame and 2 years on parts unless its fox you loose the 2nd year warrenty if they arnt serviced by mojo after 1 year.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 7:02 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
Shop i work in sells specalized we have been told that its lifetime frame and 2 years on parts unless its fox you loose the 2nd year warrenty if they arnt serviced by mojo after 1 year.

does this include rear end also.???

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 7:22 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:
are you first or second owner

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011423
Mobile Version of Website