Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 15:56 Quote
Thanks for that. Will go up and come down. Running tubeless so hopefully will be good but I always bring tubes.

Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 19:48 Quote
Koob wrote:
Thanks for that. Will go up and come down. Running tubeless so hopefully will be good but I always bring tubes.

Tubeless sure, but your gonna want some thick sidewalls or you're gonna have a bad time haha!
Everyone underestimates the rock up there until they ride it!

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 21:17 Quote
Good to know. What is the tire do preference with thick walls for the trails? Out my way pine needles are not harmful to sidewalls.

Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 21:21 Quote
I always run maxxis dual-ply of some sort, with stupid high tire pressures and tubes cause i'm weird... You should be safe with anything thats nice and burly tho

Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 21:48 Quote
Just finished a Reservoir shuttle, somehow pinch flatted at the High Pony / Bronco cliff.
But I've gotten cocky with ultra low and grippy pressures.
Cut right through the word "Protection" on my Continentals .... again.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 11:49 Quote
BEER RUN! BEER RUN! BEER RUN!

IT F_CKING ROCKS!!!

More work from the timber trail fairies with multiple features and revised old ones!!!

Reworked Road Gap too!! Just gotta find some bigger balls!

Peddle out the road into the Rusty Muffler and back down

Session a bit and it's 2hrs of fun!

Conti Trail King 2.4 with Protection Side Wall

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 22:38 Quote
Yup' FunkThatWeakSchitt and go as heavy-duty as will fit your rims: '2.5 anything', with thick n' heavy tubes and ungodly tire pressures (max rating on sidewalls).

This combo has seen me through several years of insane rock smashing through the Mice flat-free.

Andrew
SweetSingletrack.ca

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 11:14 Quote
Not been there in years but the heat was down a bit and here (KTown) for a couple of days so went out to

Crawford (Myra Bellevue Park) for a peddle. It used to be a lush forest but now a weird, black post, lunar

landscape after the 03 fires.

Climbed up Lost Lake Trail to the KVR then down Vapour. Super fun, old school, blown out,

straight down, DH trail! Arm pump and good brakes! Lots of steep rock lines and tech!

Fun as hell and worth a look.

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 15:02 Quote
Mountain bikers the first on the scene at the Apex Ranch fire and stayed to help fight the fire!

Attaboy Dino!!!

Posted: Jul 18, 2014 at 10:52 Quote
topsog wrote:
Mountain bikers the first on the scene at the Apex Ranch fire and stayed to help fight the fire!

Attaboy Dino!!!

Ya but we didn't get our ride in.May try again today.

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2014 at 0:02 Quote
Ya', I realize that this is the second time that I've posted this - but it's THAT important that everyone who trail-rides signs it...

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/bc-ministry-of-forests-land-and-natural-resource-operations-support-legalization-of-local-mountain-bike-trail-networks?share_id=RZZpRKDjBd&utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

In fact - this should likely be posted on every town / city PB Forum in existence... but I aint' got that much time..

beeron

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 10:30 Quote
OMG! OMG! OMG!

TRACTION!!!!

HERO DIRT!

BROWN POW!!!

Get out and get some while it lasts!! And watch for downed trees.

The Widow Maker and I moved a half dozen or more last night but one super big one still in the middle of side hill trail.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 20:15 Quote
Hey guys, when are the shuttles/ rides? Me and a friend are in town till the 4th and would love to get some laps in

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
gtang31 wrote:
Hey guys, when are the shuttles/ rides? Me and a friend are in town till the 4th and would love to get some laps in

Peat Bog or The Mice to the Reservoir or Beer Run

Check with Freedom about shop shuttles

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 11:04 Quote
Peddled from PG parking lot up to Reservoir then down South Rainbow

About 2900' climb and descent just under 3 1\2 hrs!

Traction and tech! That's a ride baby!!!

Trying to put together a Sheep Rock ride in the alpine for the weekend if anybody want in.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017219
Mobile Version of Website