Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
Busy night on Campbell's. Lot's of people riding bikes......even girls......I swear!

And Happy Friday!

Soon....................
Oh yes she will be mine

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 13:59 Quote
Anyone feel like have a trail day on the beer run, or wait till early spring and more moisture?

hows peat bog

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 15:22 Quote
ktm226 wrote:
Anyone feel like have a trail day on the beer run, or wait till early spring and more moisture?

hows peat bog
i'll be up today around 4.30 always building or biking haha. Built a new lil 30ft gap yesterday. Just need rain now. Am going to work on a reroute on a known section that is rotting away.

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 at 10:53 Quote
Widened and straightened out the old trail to the top of the bog today. Got some of its speed and flow back. Also made a reroute off the rock roll/small gap section to be more sustainable and solid. The ladder bridge was rotting and falling apart as well as the log was rotted and it had no flow. The new line has the same entrance as the log ride ladder bridge but cuts a bit more right and ends up at the berm of the rock roll down I made a couple years ago. It can now flow into the jumps after and flow w the rest of the trail.

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 7:30 Quote
makripper wrote:
Widened and straightened out the old trail to the top of the bog today. Got some of its speed and flow back. Also made a reroute off the rock roll/small gap section to be more sustainable and solid. The ladder bridge was rotting and falling apart as well as the log was rotted and it had no flow. The new line has the same entrance as the log ride ladder bridge but cuts a bit more right and ends up at the berm of the rock roll down I made a couple years ago. It can now flow into the jumps after and flow w the rest of the trail.

Thanks for all your hard work, looking forward to building with you over the winter. I got pre occupied with some car repairs this weekend, but should be back at it next week

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 8:02 Quote
ktm226 wrote:
makripper wrote:

Thanks for all your hard work, looking forward to building with you over the winter. I got pre occupied with some car repairs this weekend, but should be back at it next week
yea dude! cheers! basically living up there haha PM next time you're free

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 10:46 Quote
A bit of a shit show for final day at Silver Star. Parking lot full but no chair lift!! They were running shuttles in the morning but big lineup. Decided to peddle up to the top instead of standing around.............twice!

They had the chair running in the afternoon and gave a rain check for next year and ride the afternoon for free!
I'll take it. Morning rain = afternoon brown pow!!!

Troy Brosnan, Bas Van Steenbergen and a couple other pros hanging out then ripping shit up!!

If you think you're fast.........try riding with those boys...........that's fast!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to moar Bog now!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 10:49 Quote
topsog wrote:
A bit of a shit show for final day at Silver Star. Parking lot full but no chair lift!! They were running shuttles in the morning but big lineup. Decided to peddle up to the top instead of standing around.............twice!

They had the chair running in the afternoon and gave a rain check for next year and ride the afternoon for free!
I'll take it. Morning rain = afternoon brown pow!!!

Troy Brosnan, Bas Van Steenbergen and a couple other pros hanging out then ripping shit up!!

If you think you're fast.........try riding with those boys...........that's fast!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to moar Bog now!!!!!!!!!
sounds like a good time. Bas is fun to ride with for sure!

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 10:56 Quote
bobby and myself finished what I started on the weekend, and now the upper section is 100% clear and flowy. Straightened and opened up a few jank ass lines that will now be fun! Also, added more material to the chicken line and widened the entrance for the rock roll down to make life easier. Also cut out the big log that you had to duck under before. good ol MS170 made short work of that massive hanger. (used to have a slat bridge up and over haha)

cleared the 2 fallen trees at the start of code 4 just after the first rock roll down.

Let me know if theres anything else that has to be done.

Cheers!

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
Good on ya lad!!! Might try to get some Bog time in on Saturday........

You riding that day? Riding SS has got the gravity monster hungry.....me like cookies!!!!!

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 12:31 Quote
topsog wrote:
Good on ya lad!!! Might try to get some Bog time in on Saturday........

You riding that day? Riding SS has got the gravity monster hungry.....me like cookies!!!!!
you have 2 new trails to check out as well. It's possible.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 16:24 Quote
heylo all!
How awkward that I have to find friends on the internet, but adult life doesn't have very many "recesses" and play-dates... so here it goes.
My boyfriend and I are new to Penticton, mid-twenties, and like to bike and climb.
We both have xc/dh bikes (shuttling is our friend) and climb tens and easy elevens. We did a sir Donald attempt this summer and are really excited to do some more high-alpine scrambles.
If you, or you and a partner are interested in meeting a new couple- send me a message!
We also make our own wine.. so much wine...
Cheers!
Kristin

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 17:29 Quote
ktrenholm wrote:
heylo all!
How awkward that I have to find friends on the internet, but adult life doesn't have very many "recesses" and play-dates... so here it goes.
My boyfriend and I are new to Penticton, mid-twenties, and like to bike and climb.
We both have xc/dh bikes (shuttling is our friend) and climb tens and easy elevens. We did a sir Donald attempt this summer and are really excited to do some more high-alpine scrambles.
If you, or you and a partner are interested in meeting a new couple- send me a message!
We also make our own wine.. so much wine...
Cheers!
Kristin
it's the world we live in haha. Shuttle vehicle? Where are you two from?

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 19:34 Quote
We are from the island and the Koots- but here to stay for a while.
Living by Campbell mountain right now and enjoying the close ( if not short) trails.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 22:37 Quote
@ktrenholm, did I see you on Campbell Saturday? English, had a dog, possible Subaru?
Climbing up from the bottom through the maze of cow trails Summer Games?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.044333
Mobile Version of Website