Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 22:45 Quote
Shulman wrote:
opening day at Revy is going to be a "snow day" for sure.
maybe

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 10:17 Quote
[/Quote]don't need that junk. Have a dh mtb

ps. taking a season off snowboarding. Scrapex is fun and all, but gets old fast. Might hit up big white and revy a few times this year if they get some "snow days"[/Quote]

You're taking a chance without a pass this year lad.

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
topsog wrote:
don't need that junk. Have a dh mtb

ps. taking a season off snowboarding. Scrapex is fun and all, but gets old fast. Might hit up big white and revy a few times this year if they get some "snow days"[/Quote]

You're taking a chance without a pass this year lad.[/Quote]nah, gives me more freedom to ride other hills (where the snow is)

Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 14:31 Quote
edwardbear wrote:
Looking to move to your area from Williams Lake. Have been down a few times to check out the area, real estate, riding, brew pubs etc. Keep looking at real estate on line, and likely be down on monday to snoop around after dropping off son at ubco. Anyone know of houses in the 2-300,000 range that may be coming on sale or being sold privately? Need a 2 bedroom house for the wife and I. Shes a golfer, and I am a rider, builder, skier.
That's not going to get you far in Penticton. It's pretty over priced here. That would get you a place that needs full a full reno.

Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 16:31 Quote
edwardbear wrote:
I know 300 range gets you one of those tiny homes near town(brewpub and bike shop), and imagine that low 300 needs renos and high 300 might be done ??? I know prices are high, and considering the low price of homes in williams lake, I may need to find a part time job. Maybe kurt needs a floor sweeper. I am open to Summerland, or somewhere similiar, but am hoping for something walkable ....Thanks for the feedback though.
look up schoene homes he's always building new reasonably priced homes. If size isn't an issue. There is also a new project on Ellis St. They seem ok. Good luck man! Lucky if you don't need to work haha
http://schoennehomes.com/

Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 18:47 Quote
edwardbear wrote:
Hey thanks..... was going to suggest that buying a gut-job may employ some mt biking handyman or local. I have the time but not that handy . Can build a trail but not a wall. lol. Will check out schoennehomes for sure.
man I miss WL. Haven't ridden there since 2007 when there was that big jump with wood lip that all the pros and me were hitting. It was in the forest above the pub. Fox mtn I think.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 6:15 Quote
Wondering how the trails are looking down there. Us Vernon fellas are under snow still and itching to ride. Snow off anywhere yet?

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 10:30 Quote
Don't think much is rideable unless on a fat bike thingy. Snow or too wet but I haven't been out.
Snowboard season and it's good!

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 11:09 Quote
topsog wrote:
Don't think much is rideable unless on a fat bike thingy. Snow or too wet but I haven't been out.
i hiked campbell a couple times, couple of my buddies rode the southridge dh and said it was a blast. road gap down is all clear.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 6:29 Quote
makripper wrote:
topsog wrote:
i hiked campbell a couple times, couple of my buddies rode the southridge dh and said it was a blast. road gap down is all clear.

Groovy thanks for the update fellas Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014361
Mobile Version of Website