Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 6:18 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
makripper wrote:
why would we get our act together?

You're lack of 'act' isn't the question. People far more important than you. Mostly the people who 'lost' the information on who owns which parcels. Bit of a confusion between City/Crown and it is delaying a few projects.[/Quote]for campbell?? I found all of the info about it a couple of years ago lol. important to you at the moment, you mean.

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 8:15 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
@topsog, at the end of your 'Campbell Turning' video, instead of straight lining down the center you zig zagged. Are these potential climbing turns? I've been toying with the plan of making some switchbacks up by the tunnel to avoid doubling up on the DH line. Just been waiting for the City to get its act together, the cows have done 3/4 of the work, just need to get up the sidehill.

An old line of mine, I mean the cows, from 15 yrs ago being resurrected. Not necessarily as a climb,
just wanted more turns on the way down.

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 8:44 Quote
topsog wrote:
Crapalier wrote:
@topsog, at the end of your 'Campbell Turning' video, instead of straight lining down the center you zig zagged. Are these potential climbing turns? I've been toying with the plan of making some switchbacks up by the tunnel to avoid doubling up on the DH line. Just been waiting for the City to get its act together, the cows have done 3/4 of the work, just need to get up the sidehill.

An old line of mine, I mean the cows, from 15 yrs ago being resurrected. Not necessarily as a climb,
would be nice if campbell had a flowy berm trail.

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 16:29 Quote
makripper wrote:
topsog wrote:
Crapalier wrote:

We've been talking to the City and there is some confusion as to current lease holdings. The crown, city, rdos all have different parcel information. It'll be straightened out shortly.

As for flowy berm trail ... just wait to see whats in store Wink

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 16:39 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
makripper wrote:
topsog wrote:

We've been talking to the City and there is some confusion as to current lease holdings. The crown, city, rdos all have different parcel information. It'll be straightened out shortly.

As for flowy berm trail ... just wait to see whats in store Wink
what's so confusing about it? It's pretty black and white with regards to ownership and leasing. It's just an extremely low priority.

Better make them downhill berms lol. The new ones on sgd need more tuning. I can help if you guys need it.

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 17:06 Quote
Scrap the flow burm trail idea and build a raw DH trail. They seem to be a dieing bread

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 18:35 Quote
Reagh wrote:
Scrap the flow burm trail idea and build a raw DH trail. They seem to be a dieing bread
I did build one but all the xc guys bitched about it lol it was a serious dh trail. Steepest in Penticton by far. Even had a road gap!! I even tried to make the dh track fun when I first moved here buy building a rock garden and some mini whoops. Guess what. They bitched about that too and wrecked what I did. Time to toss on the spandex and join the club haha

At least the lower bigger jump and small gaps I built lower down are still there.

Posted: Dec 22, 2016 at 11:01 Quote
TB Thursday

Emergency Exit

Emergency Exit

Posted: Dec 22, 2016 at 19:37 Quote

I don't think you fully understand the concept of 'Throw Back Thursday'.

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 at 13:42 Quote
Crapalier wrote:

I don't think you fully understand the concept of 'Throw Back Thursday'.
it's a throw back to bricklins Thursday

Posted: Dec 24, 2016 at 20:15 Quote
makripper wrote:
Reagh wrote:
I did build one but all the xc guys bitched about it lol it was a serious dh trail. Steepest in Penticton by far. Even had a road gap!! I even tried to make the dh track fun when I first moved here buy building a rock garden and some mini whoops. Guess what. They bitched about that too and wrecked what I did. Time to toss on the spandex and join the club haha

At least the lower bigger jump and small gaps I built lower down are still there.

DH on Campbell? Head to Carmi and build/ ride there without worry of any bitching

Posted: Dec 24, 2016 at 20:54 Quote
warehouse wrote:
makripper wrote:
Reagh wrote:

DH on Campbell? Head to Carmi and build/ ride there without worry of any bitching
lol is that a joke? I built 2 trails and worked with some guys on reworking code 4 for years.

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 11:43 Quote
Hey guys, I'm needing a ride in my life right now despite the snow! Where's everyone's favourite place for some winter riding? Preferably out of the wind on just some decent casual trails where I won't need to worry about killing myself on the ice lol.

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 13:31 Quote
makripper wrote:
warehouse wrote:
makripper wrote:

lol is that a joke? I built 2 trails and worked with some guys on reworking code 4 for years.
A joke? My point is, you can build DH on Carmi without worry of XC dudes complaining. I assume your trails over there are still there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017136
Mobile Version of Website