Suggestions for new forum name

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Suggestions for new forum name
  • Previous Page
Mod
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
Well, it's long overdue. It may be the result of having a trials forum on a freeride site, but I'm sick of deleting 5 dyslexic posts a day. We need to rename this forum.

What would be the best name for this forum that will reduce the chances of it being confused for a dirt jump section. Please, serious answers only. Think it through and post your opinion. Should it just be "Observed Biketrials", or something more creative? After a few days, I will submit a request to Jordan to have the forum renamed.

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
weird bikes or low seat bikeSmile

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
First off, thanks for keeping this forum sane Mark. I'm all for "Observed Biketrials" just to keep the main intent of the forum clear. Trying incorporate street and freetrials aspects would only cause more confusion than it's worth. 2 cents

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 10:13 Quote
make it an acronym T.M.N.T

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
that's a tuff one... I agree it should be renamed to delete confusion and countless "any good trials in where ever" postsMadder ... observed trials or maybe trialsin would be enough to curb some senseless posts?

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 11:48 Quote
"Observed Biketrials" sounds good to me. It gets straight to the point. If we try to get too creative with the name people outside the trials community might not understand what it means.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 11:58 Quote
send you 4x pics, bikes and tracks both of them!!!

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
i like, "Observed Bicycle Trials"

its clear and hopefully people wont put pics about Trails and such in here

would this change the photo section name too?

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
Well i can't think of a name but what i can say is that only having "Discuss Trials" below "Trials" won't help. For example the BMX section has "Itty-bitty bikes and the people who ride them" Below. If you can find something distinguishing for this part it may clear up some confusion (this is with the exception of idiot's who don't read the small print)

I hope my post helps.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
mmm "Bike Parkour"

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
dobermanntrials wrote:
"Observed Biketrials" sounds good to me. It gets straight to the point. If we try to get too creative with the name people outside the trials community might not understand what it means.

same here

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
im liking the new name as well as the sub name thing, "defying gravity"

thanks kami!

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
Kami, do you think you could get the name in the photo section changed as well? i think it would filter out all those trail shots and trail bikes being posted.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
good that it got changed. i'm no fan of the "defying gravity" part. i know what it mean, how you guys do all that crazy stuff like jumping 5 feet on your bikes. but i have a feeling alot of people are going to get it confused with hucking.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
odin333 wrote:
good that it got changed. i'm no fan of the "defying gravity" part. i know what it mean, how you guys do all that crazy stuff like jumping 5 feet on your bikes. but i have a feeling alot of people are going to get it confused with hucking.

true like hucking you DH bike

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017748
Mobile Version of Website