Raising fork travel

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Raising fork travel
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
Hey,
I have a 2008 dj3 with 80mm travel. I was wondering if i can raise the travel. I have heard of lowering so i am guessing you need to add spacers instead of removing to raise. Has anyone done this or thought about it?

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 9:18 Quote
Nah you cant, better off to buy a new fork if you want more travel.

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 11:29 Quote
you can raise it up to 100mm if im not mistaken.

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
Raising you fork is a terrible terrible terrible idea. Unless you had it lowered previously and are putting it back to where it was, don't do it.

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
sell it and buy a new fork

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
Raising you fork is a terrible terrible terrible idea. Unless you had it lowered previously and are putting it back to where it was, don't do it.
this is legit

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
rhynoj wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:
this is legit
haha ok guys i wont do it

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
i've heard about rising kit's for the older dj seris but im not to sure marz still makes um

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 17:15 Quote
Bringing an old thread back i know, i have a 05 888rv, it stands at 150mm and i know they were only made in 170 and 200 travel, meaning it has been lowered. Anyone got some ideas on resotring it to 200 and what needs to be done?

Thanks, chris

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 17:25 Quote
have you taken it apart to see if maybe something is broken inside yet?

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 4:32 Quote
unbound08 wrote:
have you taken it apart to see if maybe something is broken inside yet?

Nope they work as they should and all ajustments work, but i need to get an idea of how to get the travel back to 200mm. I am asuming that they have has a spacer put in in the way you lower them, so im wondering if by taking that back out it can be restored, or am i best off sending it to TFT to have it done.

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 9:41 Quote
well, personally I would carefully take them apart and look at the internals first. then If I couldn't figure it out on my own I would take some detailed pictures and post them up to see if maybe someone here could help out. or maybe contact the person you bought it from?

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
unbound08 wrote:
well, personally I would carefully take them apart and look at the internals first. then If I couldn't figure it out on my own I would take some detailed pictures and post them up to see if maybe someone here could help out. or maybe contact the person you bought it from?

Well i took them apart today, and it seems they are in fact 170mm, i had them on so that near the top they went quite solid, so now they are sorted! I must sound like an incompitent mechcanic aha.

So now the question is, anyway to make them up to 200mm?

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 11:10 Quote
kirk724 wrote:
Hey, I have heard of lowering so i am guessing you need to add spacers instead of removing to raise. Has anyone done this or thought about it?
backwardsRolleyes

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
There is a thread for this. Im pretty sure you can put them up to 100mm

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015023
Mobile Version of Website