What bmx rims are the best?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What bmx rims are the best?
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
tw3ak wrote:
no to rhyno lights...they're shitty rims...they came stock on my old free agent a couple years ago and i busted them in about a month...unless u have a super mint hub and spokes to keep the bitch in line its not worth it

whateva i do what i want!!! >XD

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
tw3ak wrote:
no to rhyno lights...they're shitty rims...they came stock on my old free agent a couple years ago and i busted them in about a month...unless u have a super mint hub and spokes to keep the bitch in line its not worth it

we are talking about rhyno light XL they are welded or whatever so they are stronger...

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
wee-man1on1 wrote:
tw3ak wrote:

whateva i do what i want!!! >XD

lol thats kool all the power to ya...i was just voicing my opinion

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
ohhh the xls...kk i never had those i just had shitty ones...and as i said they broke...im selling a set of alex dx24's for a bmx if anyone wants them...they're a week old they came on my wtp and i switched them out to my good rims

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 20:22 Quote
I rock two Primo Balance wheels. They stay true, and I weigh 190lbs.

Only pro I have had with primo is their mix cassette 8t. But I think thats because I damaged it from grinds with no guards.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
tw3ak wrote:

well thats how you ride on them, how much psi were you run in your tires too? i have had 2 sun ryno lite xl rims for 3 years now, have ridin them very hard(180 to flat off a 5 1/2 foot high loading dock) and they havent even come untrue yet, very very light strong rims, plus ull save money too. but check out the alien nation rims, basicly the same as the ody hazard lites but liter and around the same pric

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
id say gsport in the back, and alex supra g in the front

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
fitlife wrote:
id say gsport in the back, and alex supra g in the front
i would say a supra b on the front you don't really need a g on the front

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
tw3ak wrote:

we are talking about rhyno light XL they are welded or whatever so they are stronger...
I've been riding the Rhyno Lite XL's for over a year now and they have been great but last week I switched up the back rim because I wanted it chrome for better braking.

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
im running the Gsport Ripcage front and back, with the proper megalight v3 hubs. with primo spokes, very strong very light, no problems, they hold me pretty good. and im like 300lb.lol im not kidding about that.lol

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 10:13 Quote
beckwtp wrote:
tw3ak wrote:

well thats how you ride on them, how much psi were you run in your tires too? i have had 2 sun ryno lite xl rims for 3 years now, have ridin them very hard(180 to flat off a 5 1/2 foot high loading dock) and they havent even come untrue yet, very very light strong rims, plus ull save money too. but check out the alien nation rims, basicly the same as the ody hazard lites but liter and around the same pric

my ryhno lites we're trued really crappy so thats why they sucked...cause i run 110 psi, well between 70 and 110 depending on what im doing...and i rode my rims pretty damn hard as well when i had the ryhno lites i was learning 360s so the back one took a beating...but as i said before if u have em built up nicely they can last a long time

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
wheels are the most important part of the bike for me. i got a primo balance 7005 laced to a geisha lite its probably about 2 pounds lighter than by old hazard wheel and its proably 10x stronger i warped the crap out of my hazard try whips... for the front i got a primo balance 6005 laced to a bulemia super sick wheel as well.

GET THE PRIMO RIMS THERE JUST PLAIN AWSOME, or a g sport if u can afford it

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
or shadows cause they're amazing

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
I've got a Demoltition Bulimia hub laced to an Animal LM-R rim, which has held up very well. On the back I am running an Odyssey Hazard Hub laced to a Hazard Lite rim. Despite the hype surounding the Hazard Lite rim, I am actually disapointed in the way it performed. It was not quite as strong as I thought it would be, but it has done alright. Keep in mind, though, I was not the smoothest rider when I first purchased it.

If I were to buy a new back rim, what would you recommend? Weight is not a factor, I am looking for the burliest, strongest rim possible.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022351
Mobile Version of Website