Post up your KHS!!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post up your KHS!!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 17:58 Quote
It seems that the KHS folks are few and far between, so anybody got one to post up? I love my FR 2000, it's been a great bike and I've really given it a good beating, and it comes back for more every time!! Well, here's the only recent pic I have of it, only changed a few things since this was taken...

photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/1544/pbpic1544522.jpg

Specs:

'04 KHS FR 2000 frame with Romic Shock
'05 Marzocchi 888RC fork with Risse Racing crowns
Chris King Headset, Pewter

Race Face Diabolus Handle bar
Race Face Evolve DH Stem
Race Face Evolve DH Crankset w/ Diabolus BB
Race Face Bash guards
Race Face seatpost

Hayes Brakes
Azonic Mountain X pedals
SRAM X-7 shifter/deraillieur

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 18:00 Quote
I personally think that most of the KHS bikes are really ugly. My friend has one though, and it works great! (Aside from being ugly)

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 19:23 Quote
nice bike...yeah i agree, they're super ugly, but my brother had one for a bit and i was amazed what the trail feel on it was like. kinda surprising as it was only a $500 bike

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 19:25 Quote
they are decent bikes but after all KHS does stand for Knowledge Health Saftey. to me that is GAY!!

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 19:32 Quote
yeah yeah !!!!!!your bike suck !!!!!! joke ....i dont like KHS but the street bike KHS it's cool ......the shape it's pretty good and the bike are tough

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 19:32 Quote
thisis almost as succesful as a POST YOUR MONGOOSE thread. *wince Good bikes, just..... alrady have a bad reputation.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 19:45 Quote
i will have picture tomorow !!!!!!i think it's pretty cool

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 19:55 Quote
GHOF03 wrote:
i will have picture tomorow !!!!!!i think it's pretty cool

Hey thanks man, I agree with everybody that KHS doesn't have the best rep, but the title of the thread isn't "Post why you think KHS sucks."

It's been a great bike, and it stacks up against all of the bigger brand names that I've ridden pretty well.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 7:46 Quote
Nobody else rides a KHS out there?

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 8:30 Quote
i used to ride a stock 05 dj200,
found it rode like shit to me but hey it was my begging bike, also i wouldent mind having the new dj 300

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
i have a khs dh TEAM which means its custom bitches. its a pretty good bike but i have to say it does look ugly as f*ck.

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 23:46 Quote
I just ordered the DJ300 for a spring build up for a DH/FR HT. The setup will be a Travis Triple Ti, FSA DH PIG Pro headset, Hussefelt stem, Sette Duo 2.5" riser bar, Lizard Skin's Moab Lock-ons, SRAM Attack shifters, Hayes HFX Mags 8", FSA or Bontrager seatpost, WTB saddle, Hussefelt 1.1 crankset, Truvativ Howitzer BB, Truvativ Box Guide, SRAM 8spd cassette, Shimano XT rear derailleur, Alex MX22 rims w/ Shimano hubs, and Tioga Factory DH tires or their Yellow Kurin tires.

So what do you think? I'll post pics after the build. Later - Nate

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 2:17 Quote
A friend's custom dj200:

photo

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 6:14 Quote
luli79 wrote:
I just ordered the DJ300 for a spring build up for a DH/FR HT. The setup will be a Travis Triple Ti, FSA DH PIG Pro headset, Hussefelt stem, Sette Duo 2.5" riser bar, Lizard Skin's Moab Lock-ons, SRAM Attack shifters, Hayes HFX Mags 8", FSA or Bontrager seatpost, WTB saddle, Hussefelt 1.1 crankset, Truvativ Howitzer BB, Truvativ Box Guide, SRAM 8spd cassette, Shimano XT rear derailleur, Alex MX22 rims w/ Shimano hubs, and Tioga Factory DH tires or their Yellow Kurin tires.

So what do you think? I'll post pics after the build. Later - Nate

I think your headtube will be sheared off and you'll end up smashing your face into the ground, because your putting a fork that has four inches of travel more than stock, not to mention its one of the tallest forks out there and your bike will sit like a chopper. If you are even able to pull the front end up I'll be impressed. lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.325058
Mobile Version of Website