Diabetic Riders

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 18:14 Quote
dmadness wrote:
therealtylerdurden wrote:
Holy shit! What a gnarly story!! Damn!

Regrettably ( or fortunately ?? ) Ive many life experiences that are really bizarre.

You're still being here to share them, nothing to regret! Still Scary in retrospect..

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 18:30 Quote
Edit: I'm dumb lol

You Still got the broken sensor?

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 18:43 Quote
yup, saved the parts but the micro solder is broken badly on the board, I will have a new useless sensor in a week, this ones dying as we speak.. I should get my mail with a new one next week.

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 19:00 Quote
dmadness wrote:
yup, saved the parts but the micro solder is broken badly on the board, I will have a new useless sensor in a week, this ones dying as we speak.. I should get my mail with a new one next week.

My dad used to repair copy machines. Has a fair bit of specialized equipment still, and I have some experience using it myself. If you want to send it to me, I *may* be able to fix it so you have a spare. Smile

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 19:05 Quote
dot stress it man, this one is really broken badly ive a friend who makes compute circuit boards and says that it would be a long shot for him to fix it and that's what his job is ( mostly due to the way the board is bound to the plastic... im fairly confident I can hack this one on me now when my new one arrives, I like reverse engineering things . Smile

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 19:19 Quote
Cool! Time for sledgehammer! lol

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 15:48 Quote
Wow that's crazy....
I passed out once staying at a friend's place and I was walking around "swatting things" outta thin air acting like a crazy person and my friends drew up some insulin and shot me up. (Horrible thing to do) I came to when the needle went in my leg. I asked them what happened and they told me I was OUT and they gave me a shot. I freaked out and grabbed a syrup bottle and guzzler it. I was in a bad situation and my friends made it worse. I got lucky that day. Now all my friends know what to do and I carry candy in my pocket 24/7.

I use the animus vibe pump/cgm. Uses dexcom sensors. I put band-aid brand extra large tough straps with the dura-weave fabric. I put 2 band-aids over my sensor and can leave my same sensor in place for 3 weeks without any problems. May save you some money.

The pump is expensive but only using Humalog out of a vial so less money on insulin but still have to buy supplies. It is so nice just pulling the little pump other of your pocket and seeing your readings and pumping yourself up easily.

Try seeing a dietitian they always have supplies on hand that they give out for free.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 16:22 Quote
I'm sure they had the best of intentions, but damn! What a dumb thing to do. That's pretty damned scary!

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 17:23 Quote
They wereally trying to help, luckily I think it was long lasting insulin cause they just filled a syringe and shot me up.

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 11:54 Quote
tullie wrote:
They wereally trying to help, luckily I think it was long lasting insulin cause they just filled a syringe and shot me up.

Glad it wasn't humolog!
Eek Eek Eek Eek

fanbrits wrote:
I had an acquaintance in my gym. The guy was around ur age, maybe a little younger. It didnt stop him from lifting more than lots of youngsters. But i'd suggest you to lose weight 1st. At least start. You can go on a diet or use some fat loss pills, they can actually be even more helpful, but start doing something. So i myself started with bike riding. And as i have diabetis it was hard at 1st. Then i was riding more and more and ended up in my gum again. Now im doing both

f*ck yeah! Get some!! tup

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 9:31 Quote
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3415843/Is-CURE-Type-1-diabetes-horizon-Scientists-imp.html

one step closer

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 10:43 Quote
Badass! Diabetes sucks! I remember when I was a counselor at diabetes camp, half of the counselors said if there was a cure, they wouldn't want it.. It was insightful, apparently some people feel that they are so dull that they need diabetes to have as a personality trait to make themselves more interesting! I'd take a cure in a heartbeat.

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 3:56 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
Badass! Diabetes sucks! I remember when I was a counselor at diabetes camp, half of the counselors said if there was a cure, they wouldn't want it.. It was insightful, apparently some people feel that they are so dull that they need diabetes to have as a personality trait to make themselves more interesting! I'd take a cure in a heartbeat.

I think that is a common theme with a lot of "issues". I know some Deaf people think the implants are wrong because they were born perfect or something. Same idea I think. I would want the cure, the time and money I would save as well as the perspective I would gain.....worth it.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 16:25 Quote
I would be stoked to not spend nearly 10 grand annually... Wow what things I could do .

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 21:04 Quote
No shit! I'd dump a third of it on my truck, a third on photo gear, and a third on mtb stuff!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026236
Mobile Version of Website