Kenda K-rads? or Maxxis Holly Rollers?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Kenda K-rads? or Maxxis Holly Rollers?
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 3:18 Quote
well k-rads are good if youre on a budget, but they do puncture easily. go for holy rollers if you can afford them, they roll faster on the streets.

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 3:27 Quote
we'll I've never had a puncture in my tyres, EVER. and i'm a pinner (well i ride the bike like it should be ridden.. HARD) and ride roots and rocks and stuff thats not on the street, no puncture. For the record, my front minion has a big cut in the sidewall (still running prime), and K-rads have dirt on the sidewalls....

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 3:37 Quote
saying that... i haven't had a pinch flat in the last about 10 months...

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
stusuz wrote:
well k-rads are good if youre on a budget, but they do puncture easily. go for holy rollers if you can afford them, they roll faster on the streets.

It depends on the PSI you're running...

When I had my K-rads, they rolled better than my holy rollers do now simply because I was running about 77psi front and rear (they are rated for 80)

A holy roller at 65psi simply can't compete for rolling resistance against a krad at >75psi- the traction on the holy rollers are is much better though.

Posted: Apr 19, 2009 at 5:42 Quote
cheapbike wrote:
stusuz wrote:

It depends on the PSI you're running...

When I had my K-rads, they rolled better than my holy rollers do now simply because I was running about 77psi front and rear (they are rated for 80)

A holy roller at 65psi simply can't compete for rolling resistance against a krad at >75psi- the traction on the holy rollers are is much better though.

yeah the holy rollers can work quite well on trails and the like if you put only put about 40psi in them

Posted: Apr 19, 2009 at 6:02 Quote
save your time and money, just go and buy some wtb graffiti's

http://www.wtb.com/products/tires/djstreet/

super light, with amazing traction whether on dirt or street

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 10:00 Quote
ive ridden both holy rollers 20 24 and 26 k-rads 20 24 and 26 ive found that the 80 dollar k-rad stick-e grips better than my 40 dollar each kenda ketetics... i would recomend the stick-e and holy rollers just grip EVERYTHING! i hit the skate park on my friends kona shread 2-4 he has holy rollers and he beats on em... never pinched em and he always skids and sometimes cases

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 10:25 Quote
Schwable Table Tops.
Better Rubber Compounds, and weigh less. tup

Small Block 8's if you are only doing dirt. Not worth chewing them up on concrete.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 10:27 Quote
chewing them on concrete?

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
chewing them on concrete?

yeah since the compound on the SM8's are softer than K-rads, Holly Rollers, Or Table Tops, and the way the knobs are shaped will wear em out much faster on concrete then it's worth it. Like I'm going to be putting them on my 4x bike, but for getting around my college campus I think I'm going to pick up some Table Tops through our club's sponsorship and run those.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 10:32 Quote
yea, but mine seem to be holding up just DONT SKID

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
non of them small block 8 for the win

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
ayrton88 wrote:
non of them small block 8 for the win

+1 ya dude just got a set of those and they are sick! super grippy, roll fast and seem to wear pretty good!

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
My K-Rads Hold Up Pretty Well Down The Skate Park :L:PSmile Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026525
Mobile Version of Website