The easiest way to build a foam pit!!!

PB Forum :: Trail Building
The easiest way to build a foam pit!!!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
Ok heres the deal. You dont need to buy wood, or foam. The only thing you need to buy is, believe it or not, a pool! Go to any big store, Canadian tire, Wal-mart, Costco, etc... And find a pool with about a 15' diameter and 4' deep. If you dont want to do that, go on ebay and find one without a water pump for cheaper (there only like $300 on sale). Next, get to work and start advertising. Put up posters asking for people to give you their unwanted furniture and take the foam from the cushions, it works just as well. If you still want the high quality foam pit foam for a cheaper price, you can go to your local gymnastics facility and ask them if you can buy their old foam (if they have any). Another thing you can do to get foam if you need a little extra is while your buying the pool, just buy some sponges! Easy as that. Fill up the pool and your good to go. Oh ya and if you want it outside, put it in an open area with trees surrounding so you can stretch a tarp out at the top of the trees.
Let me know what you guys think.Smile

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
i think your amazing.

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 14:32 Quote
A 4ft. pool is like asking for disaster. You do realze that most if not all safe foam pits are filled with maybe 6ft. of foam and then theres a trampoline underneath them...Rolleyes

4ft. of foam would compress like warm butter and do hardly anything.

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
4foot!!!!!!!!!

your nuts!!!!

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
actually recomended depth is at least 4 feet

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
bikerboy999 wrote:
actually recomended depth is at least 4 feet

Says who?

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 17:08 Quote
the internet, and my pit works just fine.

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
and where is your foam pit?

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
bikerboy999 wrote:
the internet, and my pit works just fine.

pics or stfu!

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
better idea- get some of those big wooden fence posts (8' or 9') and dig them 3' into the ground, grab some chicken wire fencing stuff and wrap it around and you're set. Cheaper than a $300 pool which will fill up with water

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
i think it sounds like a good idea. and so what if its 4 feet deep. just don't land dumb! simple as that. 4 feet of foam would save any normal person with half a brain from getting too hurt. besides, where is the fun in mountain biking is no ones getting hurt?!?!?! tup

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
i might try that
do u trust it enogh that u would do a backflip into it and land on ur head?

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
Fatass-of-oz wrote:
better idea- get some of those big wooden fence posts (8' or 9') and dig them 3' into the ground, grab some chicken wire fencing stuff and wrap it around and you're set. Cheaper than a $300 pool which will fill up with water

but you could cut holes in the bottom to drain the pool...

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
willems wrote:
Fatass-of-oz wrote:

but you could cut holes in the bottom to drain the pool...

it'll still cost a hell of a lot more to get a pool where its not really that necessary IMO

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
khsdjbiker wrote:
i might try that
do u trust it enogh that u would do a backflip into it and land on ur head?

no, but i believe that if you are even remotely intelligent than your body will know how to land and believe me, it wont be on your head. i think its a lot harder to land on your head than some morons let on.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019109
Mobile Version of Website