You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 4:43 Quote
blueeyedbiker68 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Crank Brother Multi 19. Only CB product I would touch. Had mine forever.
+1 !!

I keep an M17 in the side door pocket of my Caddy for on the fly and an M19 that lives in my pack. I have another that I keep on a tray on my w/s that doesn't have a chainbreaker,dont remember what it is maybe 9 or 10 tool,.

good solid long wearing product,.sold dozens of them over the years,.. tup
I've had two and swear by them. Lost the first one and bought another one right away. If you ride bikes and don't own one, you need to reevaluate your life decisions.

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 16:18 Quote
Well when the place your work at is literraly at the bottom of the hill you are riding, you don't really ride with a multi-tool!

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 18:44 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I hate you.
My exact thought.

Posted: Jul 25, 2015 at 20:55 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
ICAS wrote:
When every little guy you meet insists they're 5'10 and needs a large frame Confused

Slowly stare at them, from feet to face, and tell them "Well sir, considering I am myself 5'10" and I can clearly see above your head, and I am on the edge of a Large frame, what about you try the medium and we'll see if that is still too small for you!"
I'm 6ft and cpnsider a medium frame on occasion

Posted: Jul 25, 2015 at 22:13 Quote
depending on the sizing and the frame style ive found myself to be anywhere from a 52 to a 58. i always do my best to hunt down geo charts.

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 2:09 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
Also, double post but, was looking at buying a new multi-tool for on the trail in bag, and there are SOOOO many to chose from. I don't care how light, how slim or how many gadget it comes with, I want something that will last me forever, and I can do everything with. Got any recommendations? Seeing as we all work in different bikeshop with different distro, we would all see different tools..

Park tool Allen key multi tool, I never buy multitools anymore. The chain breaker is shit, the tire lever is useless and the screwdrivers are crap. Get a small Allen key set from park tool with straight and sharp hex ends, that won't round your Allen bolts when your in battle. Buy a leatherman wave, proper tire lever and a normal chain breaker. Will last you a lifetime Smile

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 7:00 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:
ICAS wrote:
When every little guy you meet insists they're 5'10 and needs a large frame Confused

Slowly stare at them, from feet to face, and tell them "Well sir, considering I am myself 5'10" and I can clearly see above your head, and I am on the edge of a Large frame, what about you try the medium and we'll see if that is still too small for you!"
I'm 6ft and cpnsider a medium frame on occasion

Maybe on a mountain bike as riding style comes into play. But if you're sitting on the top tube with your feet dangling.....

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 13:00 Quote
dannythekiwi wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:
Also, double post but, was looking at buying a new multi-tool for on the trail in bag, and there are SOOOO many to chose from. I don't care how light, how slim or how many gadget it comes with, I want something that will last me forever, and I can do everything with. Got any recommendations? Seeing as we all work in different bikeshop with different distro, we would all see different tools..

Park tool Allen key multi tool, I never buy multitools anymore. The chain breaker is shit, the tire lever is useless and the screwdrivers are crap. Get a small Allen key set from park tool with straight and sharp hex ends, that won't round your Allen bolts when your in battle. Buy a leatherman wave, proper tire lever and a normal chain breaker. Will last you a lifetime Smile

I got all those in my pack already, chain-breaker is too big tho for the bag. And I'm not a fan of the park tool allen key set. They just seem to never have the right combination of allen key. I have about 5 of them at home cuz I got them for free and almost never use them!

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 2:34 Quote
You know when you've worked in a bike shop too long when.....

You can pour out 18 1/4 bearings with out counting.

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 5:27 Quote
Or just know by the size of the wad of spokes in your hand Aprox how many you have.

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 17:06 Quote
Or cut derailleur housing perfectly without measuring.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 12:07 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
dannythekiwi wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:

I got all those in my pack already, chain-breaker is too big tho for the bag. And I'm not a fan of the park tool allen key set. They just seem to never have the right combination of allen key. I have about 5 of them at home cuz I got them for free and almost never use them!
crank bros m19, hands down the best tool I've had.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 16:01 Quote

...every item of clothing you own has at least one grease stain that looks like a chainring or a cassette sprocket.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 19:43 Quote
Back in the shop game...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021524
Mobile Version of Website