You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 18:03 Quote
unrooted wrote:
You know you work in a bike shop when you spend every waking moment trying to find the best deal on a fork, then all day at work bitching about cheap-ass customers.

Lol. Do this constantly. Spend a lot of time hunting for close outs and specials at suppliers.

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 18:20 Quote
Any of my friends over seas have access to NS frames? I am really trying to get a 2016 Majesty Dirt in Orange, but my US distributor is not importing them, and thus far, NS Bike Co has not been helpful in helping to get me one. I am looking for proper bike-shop-guy pricing, but can't find a way to make it work, anyone in Europe willing to help a bro out?

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 21:37 Quote
bonfire wrote:
unrooted wrote:
You know you work in a bike shop when you spend every waking moment trying to find the best deal on a fork, then all day at work bitching about cheap-ass customers.

Lol. Do this constantly. Spend a lot of time hunting for close outs and specials at suppliers.

same here. only clear out stuff ive seen lately is 26" SID WC's tho...

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 22:59 Quote
Sounds perfect for me if under 250... lol

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 2:03 Quote
I've seen a few people mention shimano s tech on here now. I'm guessing it's similar to trek uni and myalgi for zyro? Any idea how to get onto it as my shop doesn't appear to show up when I type it into the sign up bit. Is it worth a call to Madison, the U.K. Distro for shimano, or do I need to go directly to shimano?

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 4:47 Quote
What is Zyro's Myalgi? Never heard of that.

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 5:51 Quote
Charge262 wrote:
What is Zyro's Myalgi? Never heard of that.

I think he means Myagi

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 10:57 Quote
Call your shimano rep directly, s-Tec is run by the same people who run trek-u so it should be in there

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 12:10 Quote
Customer came in the other day and tried on a L/XL fox Metah.

We only had one, and he wanted to get a coffee. So I tried to be a friendly shopbro and offered to leave it in the workshop to stop it selling.

"Drop the salesman shit, you have plenty"

He left to get his Coffee and there was a very polite customer looking for a helmet..

You know exactly where this is going hahah.

Edit: Serious though, I'm never a dick to anyone in a shop. Why are there customers like this?

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 13:11 Quote
I love that.

Love when people think you're bluffing. Then get burned.

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 14:42 Quote
Did he come back for it?

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 15:01 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Did he come back for it?

I regretfully went on a break.

Possibly just as well, I'd have reveled in my smugness to the point of upsetting him hahah.

Quick one:

If you EP something and then end up really not needing it, what's the usual deal? haha.

Ordered up some I25 KOMS because I thought my current ones were about to fold. They survived and i'm not as skint anymore, so i'm considering something more fancy.

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 15:05 Quote
I had that happen to me with a Giant Trance, told him there were none left in the country, that after this ones gone I can't get any more of them (tried busting my balls on price but screw that, we can sell it at full price any day), he came back a few days later to find it had sold the next day.

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 15:30 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Did he come back for it?

Possibly just as well, I'd have reveled in my smugness to the point of upsetting him hahah.

Quick one:

If you EP something and then end up really not needing it, what's the usual deal? haha.

Ordered up some I25 KOMS because I thought my current ones were about to fold. They survived and i'm not as skint anymore, so i'm considering something more fancy.
just sell em for what you payed for them is what we normally do. Or see if you can get the shop to sell them on for you and they can take a % for the convenience.

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 15:52 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Did he come back for it?

Quick one:

just sell em for what you payed for them is what we normally do. Or see if you can get the shop to sell them on for you and they can take a % for the convenience.

Might just relace the wheels with the new rims and sell them on. Probably the fairest way to do it, and it saves me from trying to sell such thoroughly dented wheels haha.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024683
Mobile Version of Website