You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
if you want a great lube, trojan is having a sale.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
willy94 wrote:
if you want a great lube, trojan is having a sale.

Doesn't work well(K&Y), and I didn't know Trojan made lube.

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
Bacon lube is pretty close to what I experienced used on a chain 2 weeks ago. Some small indian woman came in for a tube change. And as I took off the back wheel I noticed the cassette was completely covered in some sort of grease. When I asked her she told me she spread's lard on it. Blank Stare

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
I just bought this new high tech invention too, they actually made lube designed for bike chains, maybe you guys should tell your customers about it? I don't think they know yet.

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
when the most commnonly used lube is wd40

a custemor once asked why they should spend £5 more and get a bike lube

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
I just bought this new high tech invention too, they actually made lube designed for bike chains, maybe you guys should tell your customers about it? I don't think they know yet.

i tell as many customers as i can since i hate them coming back saying theyre chains are dryand whatnot. i also hate the people who complain about a tuneup and putting new parts on after they left them outside in the rain for a month. what do ya mean my new chain is starting to rust i only left it in the elements uncovered for a month and never moved itMadder

and ykywiabsw your boss orders you a bike saying it was the last one in the size so it was now or never so i told him to order it, now since i havent put any money down on it hes trying to sell it. and he told my manager that unless i buy that bike from him hes not to order any parts for me at allMadder Madder Madder byebye good deal on a new fork

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
Actually I left my old bmx out in the snow last winter, from first snowfall to end of melt, and the chain was the only thing without and rust on it! I really should figure out what I had on that...

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 21:32 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
Actually I left my old bmx out in the snow last winter, from first snowfall to end of melt, and the chain was the only thing without and rust on it! I really should figure out what I had on that...

probably had extremely good lube or grease, if you had good enough grease it would have been fine all winter, but greasy chains suck to clean lol

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 21:38 Quote
when your shop got voted top 100 in the nation

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 21:44 Quote
when you have grease in your hand which you cannot get out after washing your hands 10 times

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
TRI-SPORT BICYCLES OF FRESNO Salute

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 21:57 Quote
bailey262 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
no way

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 21:59 Quote
dhmannn wrote:
bailey262 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
no way

Benidorm Bikes CT

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 22:02 Quote
dhmannn wrote:
bailey262 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
no way
no i think trisport is top 100 in trek retailer Razz

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.019082
Mobile Version of Website