interested in trials riding

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
interested in trials riding
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
im looking to get into trials riding and was wondering what kind of bike i should look into getting, im 5 10 180 lbs and would like a bike that will stand up to some abuse but not to expensive any advice or info would be greatly appreciated

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
What's your budget? Do you want a bike that's just specifically for trials or did you want something than can do a little street?

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
im looking for something to do more street riding on and to get into trials riding mostly to help improve balance and riding skills and to have something to do when im not riding downhill

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
If you want to do trials and street, a good cheap bike is the Norco Evolve. All you have to do is put a suspension fork on it if you want to, and it has a seat (though very small, but its still a seat), and its even ment for some skatepark riding!

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 11:59 Quote
ew dont get a norco. for the price of 900$ you can build a much better one for less.

www.hbtrials.com
www.trialsin.com
www.thetrialsinshop.com
www.division8.ca

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
im not looking for anything to fancy, just a simple bike that will hold up when im trying to learn some of this not sure what kinda of fork that i need but i have a specialized epic with a manitou scarab shock on the front which is about 3 inches of travel that i could swap out and i wouldnt care about taking parts from that bike.
im just looking for a solid frame and wheel set that could take some abuse

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
[Quoten]for the price of 900$ you can build a much better one for less.
[/Quoten]
You're on crack, any bike will cost you at least $1100-1800. If you've got less than a grand to spend, look into used.

And don't run a suspension fork.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
hey, it depends on what you wanna do, if you want a cheap street/trials set up then the evolve is a pretty good beginner rig... if you can get it used (I found it really small for me, but I'm 6'2" and over 200), the Zebdi and/or Ghost (planet X) are really nice rides as well.

despite what people say, a susp. fork, while making trials harder might work if you're used to it or want to swap between street, park and trials. I know my roommate who has a street trials frame can't stand rigid forks on it, messes him up and he can ride better with a susp. fork and enjoys it more (after all, isn't that what it's all about?). It changes the geo of the bike, but a shorter travel fork (like your Scarab) might work well. I believe that Leech runs a 2" travel Marz. on his ride, and I believe I've seen an Echo with one too. It comes down to what you're comfortable with. Try it with a rigid, swap to susp. and see which you prefer.

If you want straight observed trials (Echo, Zoo, etc) bike though, then I'd suggest looking at Observedtrials.net and picking up a used rig from there.

Hope this helps man.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 22:10 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
[Quoten]for the price of 900$ you can build a much better one for less.
[/Quoten]
You're on crack, any bike will cost you at least $1100-1800. If you've got less than a grand to spend, look into used.

And don't run a suspension fork.

dude he can totally get something cheap for under a grand -- base TA26 for 200$ from tarty and decent V's like SD7 and so on... my zebdi is built with less than a grand of parts.

but yes. try looking at online forums for used parts and frames and such.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 22:25 Quote
id give the pink bike community a miss on the Trials info as its mostly just shittalk.. go to a DEDICATED Trials site.. www.observedtrials.net is a GREAT place.. and you wont get the inmature posts like you do here..

trials IS the way of the future, its not a thing of the past, its more techical than DH ever could be and is guaranteed to work EVERY muscle in your body and Drasticly improve your overall riding ability. HIGHLY recomended.

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 8:29 Quote
[Quoten]id give the pink bike community a miss on the Trials info as its mostly just shittalk.. go to a DEDICATED Trials site.. www.observedtrials.net is a GREAT place.. and you wont get the inmature posts like you do here..

trials IS the way of the future, its not a thing of the past, its more techical than DH ever could be and is guaranteed to work EVERY muscle in your body and Drasticly improve your overall riding ability. HIGHLY recomended.[/Quoten]
+1

bigquotesdude he can totally get something cheap for under a grand -- base TA26 for 200$ from tarty and decent V's like SD7 and so on... my zebdi is built with less than a grand of parts.
ask tarty what the shipping cost would be to canada lol I wanted to buy a T-rex frame on ebay that was 99 GBP(about 200 CAD), and they wanted 99 to ship it to me as well. So, that 200 dollar frame would have cost me 400 with shipping Razz

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020281
Mobile Version of Website