Norco's Takeover of DW link...What is to come!?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco's Takeover of DW link...What is to come!?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
So now that Ironhorse has been forced to drop the DW link and Norco has picked up the patent license for it, what do you think will become of Ironhorse/Norco?

-Where do you think Norco will be implementing the link in their lineup of bikes? (i.e. will they release XC/AM/FR/DH bike with this link or what?)

-Do you think this will be the start of possibly fading out their current suspension design in pursuit of some of the newer technology out there?

-What will become of Ironhorse now that they cannot use the DW link on any of their bikes? Are they doomed!

-And finally what will become of those that are racing WC on the bike for next season (or whenever it is Ironhorse has to drop the link). Do you forsee some MAJOR changes for bikes current WC Ironhorse riders will be riding?

Cheers!

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 22:43 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
Do you think this will be the start of possibly fading out their current suspension design in pursuit of some of the newer technology out there?

We can only hope.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 22:44 Quote
i think norco will implement it next year as there getting out dated with their version of fsr. i think that the dw will first be on the dh team and other bikes in that level and the freeride bikes while the am/xc bikes wont need it.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 23:01 Quote
Where did this news come from? DW has been SUPER tight lipped, and any news would be all over this site, sicklines, and MTBR

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 23:07 Quote
If this is true, then will they still sell the technology to other companies to use? Like Ibis?

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 23:40 Quote
Eek

This is news to me. I personally can't wait to see how Norco uses it. Only time will tell...

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 1:40 Quote
Maybe Sam Hill leaves IH and joins Norco,that would be sweet

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 2:08 Quote
but i love my norco Frown ah well might have 2 try a new one Smile the frames may prob be cheaper than the iron horses aswell dont you think?

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 2:17 Quote
and crapper, norco kinda sucks. Wow whats ironhorse going to do, they better higher someone to make them some new designs

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 4:53 Quote
its going to giant, not norco.

dont know who tol you this, but you were ill informed.

have you seen the new giant protos? yes theyve been well hidden, but they do boast the new dw link. . . .

http://bp0.blogger.com/_SVJAEOgFnIs/SCsNU9NADRI/AAAAAAAAANs/v-BNQjrOll0/s1600/giant%2Bproto%2BDH09.jpg

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 5:02 Quote
trekrules wrote:
Maybe Sam Hill leaves IH and joins Norco,that would be sweet
that would be kickass. i think that if this is true, and they do put the DW link on their bikes for next year, they will sell more. Ironhorse will definately have to come up with something good now that they lost the DW...

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 9:34 Quote
ErenG wrote:
its going to giant, not norco.

dont know who tol you this, but you were ill informed.

have you seen the new giant protos? yes theyve been well hidden, but they do boast the new dw link. . . .

http://bp0.blogger.com/_SVJAEOgFnIs/SCsNU9NADRI/AAAAAAAAANs/v-BNQjrOll0/s1600/giant%2Bproto%2BDH09.jpg

I get this info from many sources IH didn't pay for using the DW link so Dave Weagle dropped them and wont let them use his link anymore.

I highly doubt Giant got the DW link considering their Mastero is esentially a takeoff of the DW... Norco did infact pick them up. I have heard this from many reliable sources so I take it is true. I really hope it is true because I would love to see some new products from Norco.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 9:59 Quote
If this is all true, it's a damn good news for my man Hans Lambert, who's the only Norco Factory rider at the moment. You guys have to watch for that kid in the future, he is just a BomB. Finally i think we can see the light in Canada. We have Smith, Mitchell, Lambert, Brown and Dube coming strong. It's about time!

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
Stating your sources might help, or posting a blog about it, or even some spy shots.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
hedi wrote:
If this is all true, it's a damn good news for my man Hans Lambert, who's the only Norco Factory rider at the moment. You guys have to watch for that kid in the future, he is just a BomB. Finally i think we can see the light in Canada. We have Smith, Mitchell, Lambert, Brown and Dube coming strong. It's about time!

I have heard a lot of hype about Hans. It would be dope if we had a strong Canadian team on the WC circuit next season (this season won't be so strong seeing as Smith is out for rest of season with a F%$&ed knee). Can't wait!

And as far as my sources I don't know if I can really say their names but it's coming from some of the western Canada reps as well as higher ups. No spy photos as this is fairly recent and I doubt Norco has much developed yet.

Sherbert how about you contribute a little more to the discussion...jebus!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011575
Mobile Version of Website