NORCO vs. SPECIALIZED vs. TRANSITION vs. COMMENCAL vs. your propossiotions ;) slope/fr bike

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
NORCO vs. SPECIALIZED vs. TRANSITION vs. COMMENCAL vs. your propossiotions ;) slope/fr bike
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 11:22 Quote
I'v got 3200$ for my new bike. I need a fully with 150-180mm of rear travel. Front will be 150-170mm - 66, totem or manitou travis single (what is best for slopestyle/fr ?? ) I want bike on witch i can easly ride some track like in salbach (adidas slopestyle). I want to make nfcc, supermans, big tables, ride dirts and north shors (360 drops) and fly big gaps(not necesary xD). It will be grate if i can make tailwhips and backflips on it ( write if on a bikes i will write i can do this !!). I was thinking about norco shore 2 ( I'm afraid it's too freeride bike and it's to havy for freeride( i;m almost shureIt's imposible to make tailwhip and backflip on it ?? , but can I make 360 drop on it like on crankworx ?? . Am I write??) The seckond option is to buy a norco six3 and custom it. It cost only 2400 and I would have 600$ for upgrades + money from sold parts. Six frame is not so have as shore (all bike weight 38Ibs.) I think it will be easier to make teilwhips and backflips If it is possible ???? !! I can also buy commensal furious ( if it cost less then 3200$ ) but I'm not shure will it handle in slopestyle - It's also a fr bike I think. Bottlerocket heve not enough travel for me and It's realy hard ( you think that the rear shock isn't working ) What else bike can I buy for 3200% with 150-180mm of rear travel?? SPECIALIZED ?? COMMENCAL ?? TRANSITION ?? NORCO ?? Write whats the best firm of that all :PP

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 11:32 Quote
Go buy an Ibis Mojo! You have enough for the xt/lx version! This bike rocks, it rides unbelievable and it is a work of art! Visit the Ibis website @ www.ibiscycles.com and look for yourself. Get one quick though, cause they seem to sell out fast! They are better than any of the ones you mention! The DW link is the best suspension system around! Ask Sam Hill! 2X DH World Champion on a DW link.
You'll never look at another bike if you test ride one!

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 11:56 Quote
Kona Cowans ds with lyric

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 12:06 Quote
08 Jamis dakar Bam, Kona bass......

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 12:17 Quote
Specialized sx trail

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=33427

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 13:29 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
Go buy an Ibis Mojo! You have enough for the xt/lx version! This bike rocks, it rides unbelievable and it is a work of art! Visit the Ibis website @ www.ibiscycles.com and look for yourself. Get one quick though, cause they seem to sell out fast! They are better than any of the ones you mention! The DW link is the best suspension system around! Ask Sam Hill! 2X DH World Champion on a DW link.
You'll never look at another bike if you test ride one!

He asked for a freeride/slopestyle bike, not a carbon fiber framed All Mountain machine.

Anyways, for me it would be between the Furious or the Bottlerocket. As nice as the SX trail is, it's more of an all 'round freeride bike. Whereas the Bottlerocket and the Furious are purpose built slopestyle rigs. Seeing as both Commencal and Transition already have excellent freeride bikes, they decided a slopestyle bike was in order. Personally I would get the Furious but in the end, the decision is yours.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.014323
Mobile Version of Website