Home Made Bikes

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 15:14 Quote
If you are looking for tubing and frame parts in the UK have a look at ceeway.com the website is basic but that is where i get my stuff. You will have to ring the guy but he can put a kit together for you.

Posted: Sep 9, 2012 at 10:14 Quote
Hey,

So Ive been out of downhill mountain biking for awhile now but def want to get back into it. However I would like to design and build my own bike. I am from Edmonton Alberta and was wondering if there is anybody else is the area that has a similar interest maybe possible even starting a buisness!!

Thanks
Jeff

Posted: Sep 9, 2012 at 16:08 Quote
hahahaha yeah, good one Wink

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2012 at 23:02 Quote
Tdulin wrote:
is there anybody on this thread that can make me or has a dj frame for sale that is home made. and how much

We have a few listed for sale

Posted: Sep 9, 2012 at 23:07 Quote
madm3chanic made one for me a while back.

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 5:50 Quote
where are they listed, sorry new to this forum

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 7:12 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
Tdulin wrote:
where are they listed, sorry new to this forum

http://twosixbikes.pinkbike.com/
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1092188/

oh ok thank you i was looking for something around 250 lol i can get them on chain reaction cycles for 200 with free shipping its cool though thank you

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 8:38 Quote
Yeah, clearly you're new. Generally you would get a custom frame built for you when you have an idea of what youd like, and that product isnt on the open market.

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 9:18 Quote
rokor wrote:
Yeah, clearly you're new. Generally you would get a custom frame built for you when you have an idea of what youd like, and that product isnt on the open market.

bwaaahahaha yeah, one of those classicposts...ï can get one on CRC for $250. what a douche.

anyways, what you boys tink of tis? 64 degree HA, chainstays adjustable with the CNC'd flipchip bolt-ons between 230-240-250mm, 1.5", 46mm cdv6 DT, 25mm pivot axle with massive M18 hollow titanium bolts, stonkingly big rectangular 4130 chainstays, 18mm square seatstays, bolt-on shock mounts, cnc'd shock collar to keep the titanium mounting hardware nice and easy to mount and utterly unbendable...

i can feel by the (lack of) movement in the chainstays how stiff it is...its practically un-flexable in any direction with my arms. pretty much looks like a thumpster swingarm. its funny, im lookin at the pics, it doesnt look that big; but when i put i next to my akuma's, it looks beastly. i think when i see the pic im comparing it to an aluminium frame cause of the size of the tubes or something.

naked as the day she was spawned...which happened to be this evening

stiffest frame iv ever made by a fair margin even without a welded seatstay bridge. 25mm 7005 T6 pivot axle flipchips truly enormous chainstays 46mm cdv6 steel downtube 1.5 headtube...this beast is made for war.

unbendable titanium shock mounting hardware with 6061 cnc d shock collar seatstay brace

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 9:20 Quote
madm3chanic wrote:
rokor wrote:

bwaaahahaha yeah, one of those classicposts...ï can get one on CRC for $250. what a douche.

anyways, what you boys tink of tis? 64 degree HA, chainstays adjustable with the CNC'd flipchip bolt-ons between 230-240-250mm, 1.5", 46mm cdv6 DT, 25mm pivot axle with massive M18 hollow titanium bolts, stonkingly big rectangular 4130 chainstays, 18mm square seatstays, bolt-on shock mounts, cnc'd shock collar to keep the titanium mounting hardware nice and easy to mount and utterly unbendable...

i can feel by the (lack of) movement in the chainstays how stiff it is...its practically un-flexable in any direction with my arms. pretty much looks like a thumpster swingarm. its funny, im lookin at the pics, it doesnt look that big; but when i put i next to my akuma's, it looks beastly. i think when i see the pic im comparing it to an aluminium frame cause of the size of the tubes or something.

can i buy for $200?

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 9:31 Quote
mtbrider71 wrote:
madm3chanic wrote:
rokor wrote:

can i buy for $200?

hahaha that'll get you the dropouts Wink

that dude was seriously in the wrong forum.

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 9:44 Quote
madm3chanic wrote:
rokor wrote:

One of the sickest homemades ive ever seen.
naked as the day she was spawned...which happened to be this evening

stiffest frame iv ever made by a fair margin even without a welded seatstay bridge. 25mm 7005 T6 pivot axle flipchips truly enormous chainstays 46mm cdv6 steel downtube 1.5 headtube...this beast is made for war.

unbendable titanium shock mounting hardware with 6061 cnc d shock collar seatstay brace

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 10:04 Quote
yeah 200 dollars is like less than 4 hours of labor.... i think thats enough said

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 16:09 Quote
Ok guys, I'm looking at the shimano high direct mount derailleur standard and can't believe how ugly it is when you aren't running a derailleur. There are advantages to using this standard as it gets the der out of the way of pivots and such and there are also some chain guides that utilize this standard but there has to be a cleaner way to do it!

I've seen the paragon machine works "round" mounts but it still isn't elegant. Have you guys come up with anything pretty? A 1" square doesn't belong on a modern bike!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016888
Mobile Version of Website