Home Made Bikes

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 2:31 Quote
back from holidays almost done just need zip tie cable stops test ride strip paint
Finally prepaint test ride tomorrow
Hi fellas finally finished my 2nd frame and test rode it on the weekend, i even managed a crash test ( i came of second best, pilot error). Another high pivot (reason why i wanted to build in the first place, love em) except idler mounted lower for a bit more chain anti squat in the low gears. In at the painters getting a lick of powder coat, so i will put up some decent photos when i get it back.
cheers Big Grin

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 14:54 Quote
Question for the frequent frame builders here. Do you do all the welding in your jig or weld it out of the jig to avoid stress?

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 17:21 Quote
djrider123 wrote:
Question for the frequent frame builders here. Do you do all the welding in your jig or weld it out of the jig to avoid stress?

in my case i only tack welded the basic part and welded the rest on my welding table so i could do a clean job, cheers

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 20:24 Quote
doctorz wrote:
djrider123 wrote:

in my case i only tack welded the basic part and welded the rest on my welding table so i could do a clean job, cheers

Do you do a certain sequence of welds to avoid distortion?

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 5:19 Quote
djrider123 wrote:
doctorz wrote:
djrider123 wrote:

I always start by the headtube, when i weld it , its hold in a vice system to make sure it does not distord vertically, usually its two pieces of steel that hold the headtube tightly, in place and i let it air cool, never plunge in water , to cool of or the steel with work against its new shape

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 6:05 Quote
I-M-D wrote:
back from holidays almost done just need zip tie cable stops test ride strip paint
Finally prepaint test ride tomorrow
Hi fellas finally finished my 2nd frame and test rode it on the weekend, i even managed a crash test ( i came of second best, pilot error). Another high pivot (reason why i wanted to build in the first place, love em) except idler mounted lower for a bit more chain anti squat in the low gears. In at the painters getting a lick of powder coat, so i will put up some decent photos when i get it back.
cheers Big Grin

Wow, that frame looks sturdy, me likey!

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 18:20 Quote
djrider123 wrote:
doctorz wrote:
djrider123 wrote:

I read an article on welding sequence once. I will try to find it.

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 21:35 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
djrider123 wrote:
doctorz wrote:

Sweet, thanks.

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 0:37 Quote
"KICK IT IN THE GUTS BARRY" Its the last of the 26ers. Here is my 2nd frame finally finished and named the Interceptor. The super charger goes on top, but is only for show Smile
static numbers, 66 deg head angle, 74deg seat, 405mm rear center, 770mm front center (made for 35mm stem)and a very low bb of 320mm and 150mm travel front and rear.
gave it a bath for the photo
26 ain dead it burst back out of its coffin
back from the painters last night build up ride not for decoration

Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 4:34 Quote
I-M-D wrote:
"KICK IT IN THE GUTS BARRY" Its the last of the 26ers. Here is my 2nd frame finally finished and named the Interceptor. The super charger goes on top, but is only for show Smile
static numbers, 66 deg head angle, 74deg seat, 405mm rear center, 770mm front center (made for 35mm stem)and a very low bb of 320mm and 150mm travel front and rear.
gave it a bath for the photo
26 ain dead it burst back out of its coffin
back from the painters last night build up ride not for decoration

It looks even nicer painted, great job! tup

Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 13:41 Quote
Here she is all painted. Also made some graphics at work. I am happy with the way it turned out just a few more bugs to work out
photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 15:16 Quote
That blue frame looks great! Just bit sure if I'd trust those dropouts, sure they're probably strong enough but look like matchsticks Eek

Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 16:36 Quote
Egtalon90 wrote:
Here she is all painted. Also made some graphics at work. I am happy with the way it turned out just a few more bugs to work out
photo

thats awesome- hand made links and pivot hardware, big box structures all over it...makes me all warm and reminiscent. good job brother, lots of sweat and time and love in that thing. i recon she's gonna break one day on that vertical suspension link or the dropouts, but regardless if it does or not you'll have lots of damn good fun getting there Wink

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 4:22 Quote
[Quote="Egtalon90"]Here she is all painted. Also made some graphics at work. I am happy with the way it turned out just a few more bugs to work out
Nice colors mate, classic race car. What bugs do you have?
photo

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 12:11 Quote
prophet413 wrote:

I'd really like to see that...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050723
Mobile Version of Website