Home Made Bikes

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 17:41 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Curious why you went with such a forward and high pivot location. It would be pretty firm when pedalling would it not?

yep it will be. i recon its just the best pivot location for a single pivot.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
Nice job! I like seeing all the designs you come up with.

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 16:03 Quote
Hi guys.

So I've got a few odds and sods about and am going to have a go at building my own fork. The only thing I'm missing is a steerer unit. I can find pre-made 1 1/8 steel steerers pretty easily but does anyone know of somewhere I can buy a tapered alloy steerer to use?

Thanks

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 17:16 Quote
Buy an old clapped out fork and steal it? Or just uppers?

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 4:10 Quote
After a long time started framebuilding again. After some H/T frames and an AM frame here the reason why.
My brandnew singlespeed DH frame:

photo

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 4:12 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
Hi guys.

So I've got a few odds and sods about and am going to have a go at building my own fork. The only thing I'm missing is a steerer unit. I can find pre-made 1 1/8 steel steerers pretty easily but does anyone know of somewhere I can buy a tapered alloy steerer to use?

Thanks
Oooooh, sounds interesting. Full CSU or without the stanchions? Presuming it's a single crown...

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 4:42 Quote
mrti wrote:
After a long time started framebuilding again. After some H/T frames and an AM frame here the reason why.

photo

Nice, reminds me of an old Marin B17

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 11:09 Quote
mrti wrote:

photo

strangely pretty.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 14:29 Quote
Very pretty. Maybe a rohloff hub or something similar and there would still never be another broken derailleur to replace. Although singlespeed is definitely the most cost effective option for DH.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 14:38 Quote
R-trailking-S wrote:
Very pretty. Maybe a rohloff hub or something similar and there would still never be another broken derailleur to replace. Although singlespeed is definitely the most cost effective option for DH.
+1
or get an Alfine?

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 4:02 Quote
Since the main reason for that design was to keep it simple and silent... IG rearhubs are no OPtion. I just hope to find the right gear for everything.

BTW: here are two more creations.

Pumptrackbike...
photo

.... and 130/140mm AM

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 9:14 Quote
Love that last one!

Concentric pivot!?

what chain stay length?

Handling characteristics?

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
doublepost...

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 9:36 Quote
letoy2 wrote:
Love that last one!

Concentric pivot!?

what chain stay length?

Handling characteristics?

No concentric PP. This might be ok for a slopestyle bike, but not if you want to pedal it uphill.

photo

It is a classic single pivot that is optimized for a 28 to 30t sprocket (not fit!) with a 428mm chainstay and 130mm of rear travel. Together with a 140mm fork it is a "do it all bike" for my local area. The uphill performance is quite good but the focus is on trails.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020530
Mobile Version of Website