Home Made Bikes

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 0:02 Quote
put a motor in it! braaaap

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 0:38 Quote
laynehip wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:
What actually is the point of two shocks?
So when I show up with it at work and lock it up beside all the bikes with coffee holders and rear view mirrors it will look just that much more dominant.
Is that the point of two shocks?

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 5:39 Quote
Laynehip has a long history of being out of his god damned mind. That's the point of dual shocks

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 7:12 Quote
So much pointless awesome. I love it. It truly embodies the ethos of the self-built frame to me: "no idea why, but f*ck it why not?"

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 7:14 Quote
madm3chanic wrote:
So much pointless awesome. I love it. It truly embodies the ethos of the self-built frame to me: "no idea why, but f*ck it why not?"
If I had the tools and resources I'd be making way too many of those. lol

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2016 at 17:09 Quote
If you ask "Why" you will never understand!

Posted: Jul 17, 2016 at 17:32 Quote
laynehip wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:
What actually is the point of two shocks?
So when I show up with it at work and lock it up beside all the bikes with coffee holders and rear view mirrors it will look just that much more dominant.
Im sold

Posted: Jul 23, 2016 at 12:41 Quote
Slowly making progress.
The head tube and bottom bracket showed up
photo

And went through the slow and tedious process of taking the 3D Sketchup drawing and then making 2D templates I can use to cut out the shapes. And had to then make them in AutoCAD so I can print them off at work.

photo
photo

Now I wait until the square tubing shows up.

Posted: Jul 23, 2016 at 12:44 Quote
That's a pretty brilliant way to miter tubing.

Also, dat skateboard tho. Eek

Posted: Jul 23, 2016 at 17:03 Quote
@laynehip- i take it you dont have access to solidworks? its quick to do flat patterns in that by making them as sheet metal features

about that skateboard of yours...what you using to gear down the motor? i saw some chains and a box lookin thing so its obviously a reduction gearbox, im more just interested on how you made it and if its really noisy or not.

im using a Tangent drive on my bike, it sounds like a tiny little chainsaw. i recon its pretty cool, but its certainly not stealth.

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
madm3chanic wrote:
@laynehip- i take it you dont have access to solidworks? its quick to do flat patterns in that by making them as sheet metal features

about that skateboard of yours...what you using to gear down the motor? i saw some chains and a box lookin thing so its obviously a reduction gearbox, im more just interested on how you made it and if its really noisy or not.

im using a Tangent drive on my bike, it sounds like a tiny little chainsaw. i recon its pretty cool, but its certainly not stealth.

I currently don't (tried to download it a few times to my new computer but ended up with some pretty crazy malware, so currently waiting until I get the courage to try again haha)

So I 3d printed a gear box, you can see it a little better in the picture below (Gears ended up being too big to fit inside the box which is why most of them are on the outside). But it was geared way too low, so I am just going to go straight from motor to axle with only 2 cogs and try that.

photo

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 19:25 Quote
so nuts. 12S on a skateboard Eek

how many amps you pulling? is that a little Cast Creations controller on there at the back above your lipo's? looks like you're using a little BMS too? (i can see the balance plugs going into something).

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 20:29 Quote
you sir are a nutter lol rad.

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 7:14 Quote
Try bringing that on an airplane.. Awesome though Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017890
Mobile Version of Website