Hope Pro 2 Hubs

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Hope Pro 2 Hubs
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 14:02 Quote
you can go both ways dude. i had a 20mm original then got the adapters for 9mm. just get the 20mm laced up through crc its cheap

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 14:06 Quote
justhitit wrote:
you can go both ways dude. i had a 20mm original then got the adapters for 9mm. just get the 20mm laced up through crc its cheap
Thats the plan, just waiting for it to be in stock.

And for the rear.. Looks like bolt up is the way to go I guess.

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 14:08 Quote
For guys getting hope pro 2's...save the little extra money for a more reliable hub. Mine has been nothing more than just trouble. Sure they are light but sooo unrelable. At least mine has and a few of my freinds.

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 14:11 Quote
Really? From almost everyone Ive asked, they've been super reliable.

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 14:16 Quote
mine are tank. ive had no complaints at all

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 14:18 Quote
i've never had a problem with mine, except for the stock bolts on the SS/trials rear hub always slipped. replaced with some meatier steel bolts and never looked back. i know a few other guys that have had no problems with their pro2 hubs for years, either.

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 14:58 Quote
weird mine and 2 of my freind suck. they are the regular ones not the hope pro 2 ss ones. guess we got a bad batch or something idk.

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:14 Quote
Ive found that the front hubs are reliable but the design in my eyes is very minimalistic and basic and i would not buy a rear now as for the money there are far better hubs out there i got front and rear kings for 150 (second hand) that is the same cost as 1 rear hope pro 2's new
as for the chain reactions wheel build ive found that in the long run (now 2 years down the line) it is a lot cheaper to learn how to build your own wheels but depends how often you replace wheels

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:21 Quote
large-ugly-greeny wrote:
Ive found that the front hubs are reliable but the design in my eyes is very minimalistic and basic and i would not buy a rear now as for the money there are far better hubs out there i got front and rear kings for 150 (second hand) that is the same cost as 1 rear hope pro 2's new

What the hell? What are you expecting from a hub design? some suspension design? or maybe even an adjuster to change the bearings from loose to smooth for different trailsConfused

Please list some hubs that are better than Pro2's for the price? Please bear in mind the Pro2's are strong, light, array of cool colours and excellent bearings and warranty. There was a few batches with weak flanges that cracked around the spokes. Hope replaced this issue without question.

Good luck with your Chris Kings when it gets muddy, they aren't the best sealed hubs, nor are they light. Be prepared to spend a fair amount over the years getting them serviced when my Pro2's are rolling with their original bearings and grease.

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:36 Quote
skawt-1 wrote:
large-ugly-greeny wrote:

What the hell? What are you expecting from a hub design? some suspension design? or maybe even an adjuster to change the bearings from loose to smooth for different trailsConfused

Please list some hubs that are better than Pro2's for the price? Please bear in mind the Pro2's are strong, light, array of cool colours and excellent bearings and warranty. There was a few batches with weak flanges that cracked around the spokes. Hope replaced this issue without question.

Good luck with your Chris Kings when it gets muddy, they aren't the best sealed hubs, nor are they light. Be prepared to spend a fair amount over the years getting them serviced when my Pro2's are rolling with their original bearings and grease.
until your free hub eats itself Wink

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:51 Quote
skawt-1 wrote:
large-ugly-greeny wrote:

Soft freehub, less engagement than some higher priced hubs. That's about all they fall short on.

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:57 Quote
Yeah I do agree the engagement is a bitch, that's why I bought a burgtec, but most highend hubs hav soft freehub bodies... They do recommend that you run alu cassettes to prevent nom noms and they also give you a steel freehub body aftermarket choice so you can't complain too much about that:P

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 11:19 Quote
skawt-1 wrote:
Yeah I do agree the engagement is a bitch, that's why I bought a burgtec, but most highend hubs hav soft freehub bodies... They do recommend that you run alu cassettes to prevent nom noms and they also give you a steel freehub body aftermarket choice so you can't complain too much about that:P
i had a pro2 on the back of my orange 222 and engagement sucked balls my profile engages better than my old hope.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 22:41 Quote
jGell wrote:
skawt-1 wrote:
large-ugly-greeny wrote:

Soft freehub, less engagement than some higher priced hubs. That's about all they fall short on.
hope pro2 trials have 48ep and a steel freehub.. and is MUCH cheaper than a CK.. CK also have, dont know what to call it.. some kind of a lag, because of the engagement system.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 23:08 Quote
Mike-MTB wrote:
justhitit wrote:
are you ordering from a LBS or online?
Online from CRC, because I dont want my LBS to charge me to build my wheel when I can get it built and shipped for free haha.
i dont think hope pro2 come in the 20mm optian

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011308
Mobile Version of Website