Rear Hub Problem?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Rear Hub Problem?
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
dotca wrote:
snoppy647 wrote:
Maybe try to take the wheel off and loosen the cone nuts abit.
They might of tightened up or something.

I'll try that, but they where pretty loose yesterday. Like it would roll, lock, roll, lock, roll, then locked and would roll. When I would try to move it, it would sound like it was about to explode or something.

roll lock roll lock sounds like you axle is bent. And you cones are tight. Take out the axle, then roll the axle on the ground, and see if it is straight first. If it is then perhaps your Hub might be pooched.

If axle bent, then replace. If not bent repack it all and see how it goes. If the problem persists, get a job and get a new wheel.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
drop by the shop tommorow man ill take a look at it...

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 22:19 Quote
Freecoasterrob wrote:
drop by the shop tommorow man ill take a look at it...

Then I have to pay Shaun money, money I don't have and money he doesn't need. I'll toy with it tonight as I have all night.
Razz

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 22:21 Quote
i said drop by the shop and ill tell you whats wrong... most likly from the sound of it its a conenut/locknut issue...

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 22:33 Quote
I see. Now I got it to spin! Stoked, but not super smoothly. I had to loosen the cone nuts, that was a bitch of a job.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 22:46 Quote
Is this an unsealed hub? I had this problem back in the day with an unsealed hub. It would just lock up. I loosened the cone nuts and it helped for a day, then it locked up again. Took it to a shop and they said the internals were crushed.

If it locks up again, you need a new hub.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
dotca wrote:
snoppy647 wrote:
Maybe try to take the wheel off and loosen the cone nuts abit.
They might of tightened up or something.

I'll try that, but they where pretty loose yesterday. Like it would roll, lock, roll, lock, roll, then locked and would roll. When I would try to move it, it would sound like it was about to explode or something.

ya i have a norco ryde and same thing hapend to me whith the front hub and the quick realesse thing snaped buy it was bea se the barings where to tight

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
my hub seems to have lost its loudness. one day i got it back from the shop and it wasnt as loud

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 22:48 Quote
dancallahan wrote:
my hub seems to have lost its loudness. one day i got it back from the shop and it wasnt as loud

They probably bent the pawls more

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 22:59 Quote
cescobmx wrote:
dancallahan wrote:

They probably bent the pawls more

No, they probably greased it.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 7:19 Quote
[Quoten]
No, they probably greased it.[/Quoten]

HA HA OWNED! shops hate loud hubs.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 16:44 Quote
aw...how would i know if they greased it? and i doubt they did because they just tightend my spokes. if they did im gonna verbally rape them and make them give me a brake at discount

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
dancallahan wrote:
aw...how would i know if they greased it? and i doubt they did because they just tightend my spokes. if they did im gonna verbally rape them and make them give me a brake at discount

Why? Who cares? It's just some stupid sound, it doesn't make it perform better or anything.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
dotca wrote:
dancallahan wrote:

Why? Who cares? It's just some stupid sound, it doesn't make it perform better or anything.

He's right. If you REALLY want your bike loud, take a ziptie and put it on your chainstay on the drive side. You'll be able to hear your bike from a the other side of town.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012468
Mobile Version of Website