Freecoaster Thread *Everything you need to know* Questions Welcome

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Freecoaster Thread *Everything you need to know* Questions Welcome
Posted: Jan 26, 2014 at 8:26 Quote
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
jacobwymer wrote:
Long time no post from anyone but a reply would be helpful. Got a female Federal V3 and I wanna run an FBM NDS Guard on it. How should I do it with covering up the 14mm axle bit completely?

i ve got the same hub as you and couldnt get a hub guard to fit. so i just got a male axle as i got the female hub off here and then like any guard works. i am riding the daily grind guard now.
Yeah Jacob, If I were you I would buy a new axle. Especially since you're a 4 pegger.

Posted: Jan 26, 2014 at 8:44 Quote
newfie-rides wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
jacobwymer wrote:
Long time no post from anyone but a reply would be helpful. Got a female Federal V3 and I wanna run an FBM NDS Guard on it. How should I do it with covering up the 14mm axle bit completely?

i ve got the same hub as you and couldnt get a hub guard to fit. so i just got a male axle as i got the female hub off here and then like any guard works. i am riding the daily grind guard now.
Yeah Jacob, If I were you I would buy a new axle. Especially since you're a 4 pegger.
I'll look into it I reckon, cheers though guys

Posted: Jan 28, 2014 at 1:42 Quote
i have a KHE astern and i run with the maximum slack, i just wanted to know ur guys opinion about the slack Wink

Posted: Jan 28, 2014 at 4:37 Quote
Max slack is the only way imo , however if people want to run minimum its their choice , just seems like they would be making life harder for themselves.

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 18:59 Quote
Yo boys, got a little problem.. I recently polished my feddy v2 hubshell, and when I rebuilt the hub I noticed a kind of *thunking* noise, and I notice a slight skip before engagement. Any ideas on what it is? I haven't been arsed to disassemble my hub yet to check it out.

I know there is a groove worn in my clutch from the tension springs, could that be the problem maybe? That is my first guess.

Posted: Feb 17, 2014 at 10:17 Quote
Recently got a federal v3 and went to adjust the slack and my driver wont pull out.. Doing the usual rotate anti clockwise and pull but it wont move.. Would it be safe to hit the axle out anyway?

Posted: Feb 17, 2014 at 13:26 Quote
Frijz wrote:
Recently got a federal v3 and went to adjust the slack and my driver wont pull out.. Doing the usual rotate anti clockwise and pull but it wont move.. Would it be safe to hit the axle out anyway?
Try spinning it clock wise until it engages then try backing it out, sometimes helps.

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 8:52 Quote
I have the alienation rush v2 freecoaster hub, I've had it for a couple years now and just recently it got really hard to pedal frontwards and backwards (and it feels very rough) and it locks up from time to time and I'm curious what is wrong with it so I don't buy the wrong parts to fix it.

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 10:35 Quote
Tjbmx97 wrote:
I have the alienation rush v2 freecoaster hub, I've had it for a couple years now and just recently it got really hard to pedal frontwards and backwards (and it feels very rough) and it locks up from time to time and I'm curious what is wrong with it so I don't buy the wrong parts to fix it.

how often do you maintain your hub?

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 18:39 Quote
I really wanna see a 14mm female freecoaster. I don't care if it has bushings, 10t driver (28-10), and 17mm inner axle. It Has to be done.

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 3:36 Quote
Hey guys, I'm thinking of bidding on a second hand federal v2 though the owner says its dodgy. Apparently it doesn't engage 100% of the time, like sometimes it engages straight away while other times it doesn't which I'm guessing he means sometimes there is slack but other times not. Wondering if this is a problem that should stop me from bidding on this hub or is an easy fix.

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 4:41 Quote
Buying second hand coasters anyway is sketchy , but then buying one with problems just seems a bit too much of a gamble , after running my federal since they released the v3 , i honestly cannot praise it enough .

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 12:52 Quote
So you reckon i should just avoid it? Im pretty intrested in it because the bid start is pretty low at $3 right now, and it comes laced to a weel.

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 13:15 Quote
Long as the price is right for you , do it , personally i wouldn't because im a big guy and tend to 'cab and spin hips a lot and just break hubs , so having warrantee is a big plus for me .

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 14:18 Quote
Alrighty then, cheers for the advice Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020234
Mobile Version of Website