Vancouver

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 21:50 Quote
cheesalo wrote:
Where can I hit some dirt jumps around/near vancouver??

Vanier and the new dirt jumps in richmond

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 13:49 Quote
cheesalo wrote:

Garden City Park in Richmond is my favourite due to its decent progressive jump lines... Lacks creativity though. Has tables and gapped jumps.

Loutet dirt jumps are decent when they're in good shape. I messed up my knee this summer so I haven't been there in awhile and I have no idea what condition they're in now. This park has tables and gapped lines as well.

Invergerry in Surrey is rumoured to be pretty good and has had a lot of updates by some professional builders using flow form ramps. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Burlington which is actually in Washington is worth the day trip (especially if you have a Nexus to get u across the border quicker).

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 22:34 Quote
adriannorthshore wrote:
cheesalo wrote:

Vanier and the new dirt jumps in richmond

Vanier wasn't bad - its pretty well maintained it looks like

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 16:23 Quote
adriannorthshore wrote:
Has anyone here bought a bike from a bike shop in the US? Does the border charge you custom fees and stuff for the bike you bought?

Why are you buying from the states?

You could probably bring it over and avoid duty if you act as though you had it from before. But take into consideration that USD is about 10% more than CAD and you might have trouble with any warranty issues here in Canada.

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 16:30 Quote
I brought my bikes down to the states with me once and had trouble bringing them back with me. The only reason they let me go was because they found the reciept for one of the bikes in my center console.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 17:02 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
I brought my bikes down to the states with me once and had trouble bringing them back with me. The only reason they let me go was because they found the reciept for one of the bikes in my center console.

I've had that happen with clothes. Really frustrating. They accused me of trying to smuggle my own jacket back into Canada. Whenever I take something with me across the border I take proof like receipts or pictures on my phone.

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 2:56 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:

I've had that happen with clothes. Really frustrating. They accused me of trying to smuggle my own jacket back into Canada. Whenever I take something with me across the border I take proof like receipts or pictures on my phone.
Canadian border guards are so chill, it's the Americans that like to pin you to the wall

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 10:54 Quote
sushifor2 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:

Canadian border guards are so chill, it's the Americans that like to pin you to the wall
I've had the Americans grill me but I've never been stopped/searched going down. Only time was coming back into Canada with my downhill bike, DJ bike, and three frames in the back of my truck.

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 21:06 Quote
Anyone riding a spot of dh next friday or saturday ?
If you are, and fancy letting me tag along, hit me up yo'!
604-347-5947.....

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 21:39 Quote
Hey guys!

Anyone heading to squamish for some trail riding this weekend driving from Van? I'd love to see the trail up there before the snow...

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 15:05 Quote
http://www.burnaby.ca/Things-To-Do/Outdoor-Facilities/Mountain-Air-Bike-Skills-Park.html

its good and set up for MTB.

Burnaby mtn also have some good bus acessed shuttle trails. $2.75/90mins on translink

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 9:38 Quote
Anyone doing any riding on north shore tomorrow?

I'm in town from Calgary and want to go riding for a day. Was planning on going to coast gravity park with there ferry deal but not enough people. I would also go to coast gravity with 2 more people if interested. I have a Van and can fit 2 more people and there bikes. Also no charge for gas. Just split the ferry fees with me.

Or I would like to go riding on north shore. Really riding anywhere! I am an intermediate to advanced downhill rider. 24 male.

403 710 05 eight one

Get at me!

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 9:40 Quote
duggyb wrote:

I'm in town from Calgary and want to go riding for a day. Was planning on going to coast gravity park with there ferry deal but not enough people. I would also go to coast gravity with 2 more people if interested. I have a Van and can fit 2 more people and there bikes. Also no charge for gas. Just split the ferry fees with me.

Or I would like to go riding on north shore. Really riding anywhere! I am an intermediate to advanced downhill rider. 24 male.

403 710 05 eight one

Get at me!
I'm going to Coast Gravity tomorrow. Truck is full but I'd be down to meet up if you make it over.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 17:11 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
duggyb wrote:

403 710 05 eight one

Get at me!
I'm going to Coast Gravity tomorrow. Truck is full but I'd be down to meet up if you make it over.

Lucky! My co-worker just went there. Says he had more fun compared to whistler.

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 17:49 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
duggyb wrote:

403 710 05 eight one

Get at me!

Lucky! My co-worker just went there. Says he had more fun compared to whistler.
Truck is no longer full. If anybody wants a lift, hit me up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013774
Mobile Version of Website