Vancouver

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 19:39 Quote
olliee wrote:
teface wrote:
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the area and I have two questions
1. Where would you bring a RS Totem and a Fox DHX5.0 for service for a reasonable price?
2. Are there people/groups driving more or less often to whistler and could share a ride? Don't have a car but bought a 11 Day pass haha. Share gas money self evident.
Ride on! Manu

If you can't get a ride to whistler check out epic rides.

Or the huckwagon shuttle.

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 19:56 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Anyone ride the woodlot in maple ridge? How far is the climb up? Trails in good condition?

The ride/walk up is @ 5k to the very top - about an hour push or 30 min ride. Trails are less maintained than they were years ago and some features are sketchy but its still a great ride. The trails are technical and quite steep up top. Line, bloody style and shotgun are super fast and fun though. Its worth checking out for sure.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2015 at 20:02 Quote
bigredride wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
Anyone ride the woodlot in maple ridge? How far is the climb up? Trails in good condition?

The ride/walk up is @ 5k to the very top - about an hour push or 30 min ride. Trails are less maintained than they were years ago and some features are sketchy but its still a great ride. The trails are technical and quite steep up top. Line, bloody style and shotgun are super fast and fun though. Its worth checking out for sure.

Great, thanks for the info! That is a really long climb. Probably about 1.5 hours for my fat ass.

Is it better suited for a 6" trail bike or downhill? I have a both so not sure which one to take.

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 20:07 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
bigredride wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Great, thanks for the info! That is a really long climb. Probably about 1.5 hours for my fat ass.

Is it better suited for a 6" trail bike or downhill? I have a both so not sure which one to take.

I have both too and honestly, the 6" bike will be fine for 90%. A lot easier to ride up too - there's only a few sections that are really steep. You will want a dropper post though if you take the trail bike as it is pretty steep - especially up top. Theres a trail called "cabin" something or other that leaves from up top - Ive never done it and always meant to try - heard its pretty fun.

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 20:08 Quote
also, better to park at the 287th street lot rather than the dewdney trunk lot - saves about 1.5kms!

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 2:05 Quote
Thanks all of guys for helping me out!
Fork is going to NSBS and Shock to Suspensionwerx.
Huckwagon booked for 21st of May so if you want to hit some lines together let me know!

O+
Posted: May 9, 2015 at 7:50 Quote
bigredride wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
bigredride wrote:

I have both too and honestly, the 6" bike will be fine for 90%. A lot easier to ride up too - there's only a few sections that are really steep. You will want a dropper post though if you take the trail bike as it is pretty steep - especially up top. Theres a trail called "cabin" something or other that leaves from up top - Ive never done it and always meant to try - heard its pretty fun.

What trails would you recommend for a newb? I'm new to downhill and aggressive riding so nothing too technical or steep. Plus it will be my first time out this season. Thinking of going this evening.

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 8:25 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
bigredride wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

What trails would you recommend for a newb? I'm new to downhill and aggressive riding so nothing too technical or steep. Plus it will be my first time out this season. Thinking of going this evening.

try a quick turn down bloody style and shotgun. Easy access up and ends up right at your car. What time you going?

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 8:26 Quote
bigredride wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
bigredride wrote:

try a quick turn down blooggy style and shotgun. Easy access up and ends up right at your car. What time you going?

O+
Posted: May 9, 2015 at 10:05 Quote
Cool I'll give those a try, thanks. Possibly around 3 but I'm not sure. Might just go to watershed park in surrey. You heading up there today?

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 12:03 Quote
Could do..... Worked o. Yard all day but may push DJ bike up for a fun ride down!

O+
Posted: May 9, 2015 at 12:09 Quote
bigredride wrote:
Could do..... Worked o. Yard all day but may push DJ bike up for a fun ride down!

If you decide to go send me a PM! I'll be pushing my downhill bike up. I just bought it so I really want to try it out. Or just look for the guy in a newer gray F150 and a white Scott gambler. I might go up a bit later at 4.

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 15:33 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:

It's about 3k up to the good stuff, pretty mellow climb

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 15:41 Quote
hey, leaving for whis tomorrow morning around 8am from granville/king edward if anyone wants a ride, PM if youre down

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 1:51 Quote
Thanks for the help guys. We'll definitely check commercial out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017456
Mobile Version of Website