Vancouver

Posted: Nov 21, 2015 at 19:58 Quote
For those of you who ride at night, do you go out alone most of the time, or with a partner/group? Have you ever run into any wildlife? Those woods are a bit spooky at night, once I get myself some more powerful lights I'll be up there all the time.

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 14:39 Quote
Katakalism wrote:
For those of you who ride at night, do you go out alone most of the time, or with a partner/group? Have you ever run into any wildlife? Those woods are a bit spooky at night, once I get myself some more powerful lights I'll be up there all the time.
Always ride with someone at night. Nobody will find you until the next day if you really screw up. Wildlife on the shore is mostly harmless but if you feel like, you can pack some bear spray for the unlikely aggressive black bear or mountain lion. regarding lights, anything over 400 lumens is adequate if your casually riding. Although the more the better. I run 1000 which in my opinion turns night into day.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 10:33 Quote
Katakalism wrote:

I used to ride alone at night in Ontario and Quebec all the time. I would definitely not ride alone at night on the NS.

The consequences of something going wrong are too high. Even something as simple as something breaking when you're far out and you need to walk out, you may run out of battery and loose your lights. Then you're spending your night on the trails with loved ones at home calling rescue when you're not back.

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 12:34 Quote
nicomazzo wrote:
Hello everyone !

I am looking for a photographer/video maker for a DH shooting project on the shore for this upcoming winter. Anyone interested?

Thanks !
Hey man, I'm currently looking for riders for a future project of mine. PM me and we can discuss things.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 22:47 Quote
Cuyler31 wrote:
nicomazzo wrote:
Hello everyone !

I am looking for a photographer/video maker for a DH shooting project on the shore for this upcoming winter. Anyone interested?

Thanks !
Hey man, I'm currently looking for riders for a future project of mine. PM me and we can discuss things.

Oh dayum cuyler! Cooking up another one of your visual masterpiece's?

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 20:22 Quote
drevisuals wrote:
Cuyler31 wrote:
nicomazzo wrote:
Hello everyone !

Thanks !

Oh dayum cuyler! Cooking up another one of your visual masterpiece's?

Been cooking up some concepts for a long time just need some riders and locations really. Visual masterpieces lol look who's talking

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2015 at 0:24 Quote
Night riding on the shore is like night riding anywhere else. Know the trails well enough from day riding, dial back the intensity and ALWAYS tell someone where you're going and estimated trail time. I night ride (these days that equals after 4:30pm) frequently due to long days at the office and don't have the luxury of hunting down partners at night. Expresso, kirkford, floppy, bobsled, griffens on Fromme are great night options as they are all much lower consequence. AA, severed, Forever After and high school are great on Seymour for the same reason. That mountain is also more condusive to a solid workout as you can pedal your legs out on Bridal and all of those XC trails.
And when you tell someone your trail plan...don't deviate....

Posted: Dec 13, 2015 at 11:00 Quote
Hey guys, I am stoked to share Keep It Real with you everyone! Come out to The University of Fraser Valley on Friday December 18th to celebrate mountain biking, film and good vibes.

Where:
University of the Fraser Valley: Lecture Theater B101
33844 Kind Rd Abbotsford

When:
Friday December 18th, Doors at 7PM!

Tickets are $15 at the door. Cash only, please!

A cut of the door sales will go towards the Fraser Valley Mountain Bike Association (FVMBA) to help support the local riding scene! I have worked really hard over the past six months on this so it would mean the world to me if you could make it! Lastly, spread the word and spread the stoke so we can get a full house!

More info here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/796848717110557/

Trailer:

Views: 25,588    Faves: 205    Comments: 30

Take it easy!

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 19:18 Quote
andrewyoung wrote:
Hey guys, I am stoked to share Keep It Real with you everyone! Come out to The University of Fraser Valley on Friday December 18th to celebrate mountain biking, film and good vibes.

Where:
University of the Fraser Valley: Lecture Theater B101
33844 Kind Rd Abbotsford

When:
Friday December 18th, Doors at 7PM!

Tickets are $15 at the door. Cash only, please!

A cut of the door sales will go towards the Fraser Valley Mountain Bike Association (FVMBA) to help support the local riding scene! I have worked really hard over the past six months on this so it would mean the world to me if you could make it! Lastly, spread the word and spread the stoke so we can get a full house!

More info here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/796848717110557/

Trailer:

Views: 25,588    Faves: 205    Comments: 30

Take it easy!

If someone is going there from north vancouver, I would love to share the ride! ++

Posted: Jan 2, 2016 at 19:18 Quote
Anyone have any snow updates on fromme/seymour? thinking about doing some laps tomorrow but don't want to drive if there's too much snow.

Posted: Jan 2, 2016 at 19:23 Quote
KyleIsaman wrote:
Anyone have any snow updates on fromme/seymour? thinking about doing some laps tomorrow but don't want to drive if there's too much snow.

i have vids on my pb acc of both seymour and fromme the last couple of days, rode expresso today, its icy and theres snow everywhere but its ridable

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 18:01 Quote
Seymour has snow from the mushroom lot to Pangor, but it's actually quite crunchy and grippy, pretty fun. Just be careful on the woodwork. Would ride again.

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 21:10 Quote
Do someone wanna go for a ride soon?

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 8:00 Quote
Shuttles up cypress?

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2016 at 16:50 Quote
For any that are interested Endless Biking & Black Tusk Jerky are teaming up to bring you Seymour Saturdays!

Starting Next Saturday March 12th!

$35 gets you:

- Pick-up and drop-off from Black Tusk in North Vancouver
- Unlimited shuttles between 9am & 1pm
- Lunch by Black Tusk (Choice of Brisket or Pulled-Pork Sandwich)
- Cold beer by Deep Cove Craft!

A great way to get some shuttles in without a car, support some local businesses, and meet new people!

If interested you can sign up here: SEYMOUR SATURDAY

Or call EB @ 604 - 985 - 2519

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021250
Mobile Version of Website